Avoid FFun Motorsports (Saskatoon, SK, Canada) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jul 5th, 2013, 2:47 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs down Avoid FFun Motorsports (Saskatoon, SK, Canada)

Sadly, this is one of those dealerships that have seriously damaged the BMW name and why BMW motorcycles are now rare in this province. Even more depressing is the fact they are the only BMW Motrrad dealership in the province, leaving us with a 450 mi (700km+) trip to Edmonton, Calgary or Winnipeg for service.

They are guilty of the typical dysfunctional dealership / service shop issues, general poor quality of service work or fraudulent work (misdiagnoses, incorrect repairs, unnecessary repairs, no common replacement parts in stock, unreasonable labor times, excessive labor rates, fails to meet deadlines or appointments, broken promises, lousy communication etc). The common consensus locally is they should be considered a "Emergency" or "Last Resort" shop ONLY!!, otherwise take your bike elsewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jul 9th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Re: Avoid FFun Motorsports (Saskatoon, SK, Canada)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, but at the same time, thanks for the fore-warning.
I was thinking a little earlier in response to a current post about Polaris having crappy service, purportedly the worse, that if these corporations would just figure out how important it is for a customer to have even just a decent experience, whether it be for an oil change at the local dealership, or getting some kind of support from customer service over the telephone for some kind of subscription, then they'd have far fewer complaints. Their repeat business would go up substantially, and they wouldn't even have to improve their products all that much. They just need to convince the customer their business is appreciated and show a little empathy towards the customers' problems/concerns. All too often, people just don't care or take pride in their work or the company they're working for, so it spills over into lousy service for the customer. Also, product knowledge goes hand-in-hand with pride in one's work. I had this experience the other day at the post office here, where the clerk didn't know what qualified as media mail (which gets a cheaper rate), yet she acted like she did. I was boiling over inside. I had the exact same experience a couple of years ago at another postal facility where I encountered the same asinine ignorance.
BTW, welcome to the forum.

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in