Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Feb 6th, 2013, 10:57 am Thread Starter
Ego equitare, timo ego sum
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , ,
Posts: 9,871
Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Last Friday, I shot Aaron at Euro Cycles a note on Facebook, asking if the service department will now install tires on bikes, if the tires were purchased elsewhere.

He told me "they do it all the time now."
(The previous owner always cited liability reasons for turning away this business.)

I called the service department, and they told me to come on in Saturday around lunch time and they would knock it out.
I showed up at 12:30 and they jumped directly on it. I was gone riding 30 minutes later with my new tires filled with Nitrogen.

The dealership was packed with customers, and the service department was busy as well. Dang near purchased a Brammo while waiting for the tire install on my GSA.
DaveDragon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old Feb 24th, 2013, 3:39 am
Senior Member
 
bikerj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Garland
Posts: 1,078
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

In and out in 30 minutes?
That's pretty damn quick for anything, let alone getting tires mounted.

What did they charge being you provided your own tires?

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
bikerj is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old Feb 24th, 2013, 2:07 pm Thread Starter
Ego equitare, timo ego sum
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , ,
Posts: 9,871
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

99.00 out the door.
DaveDragon is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old Mar 20th, 2013, 6:40 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon
Last Friday, I shot Aaron at Euro Cycles a note on Facebook, asking if the service department will now install tires on bikes, if the tires were purchased elsewhere.

He told me "they do it all the time now."
(The previous owner always cited liability reasons for turning away this business.)

I called the service department, and they told me to come on in Saturday around lunch time and they would knock it out.
I showed up at 12:30 and they jumped directly on it. I was gone riding 30 minutes later with my new tires filled with Nitrogen.

The dealership was packed with customers, and the service department was busy as well. Dang near purchased a Brammo while waiting for the tire install on my GSA.
New owners there? has the service department changed as well? or same techs?
is haps still around down there?

BTW Howdy Dave, been a while
Tom

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
tmgs is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 8:08 am Thread Starter
Ego equitare, timo ego sum
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , ,
Posts: 9,871
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmgs
New owners there? has the service department changed as well? or same techs?
is haps still around down there?

BTW Howdy Dave, been a while
Tom
Hi Tom, it has been a while...

New owner for about two years now, some of the service team is new as well.

Not sure, but I think Haps closed.
DaveDragon is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old Nov 27th, 2013, 6:52 am
Senior Member
 
DanDiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 4,833
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Just got back from what is a typical experience at Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay.

I called a few weeks ago about what some have experienced with their K1600's, a weeping water pump. Just a little smudge of blue something on the bottom and not something to cause me to stop riding. Just an annoyance!

Service department said that they were aware of the problem and that as soon as the replacement part came in, they would give me a call to have it replaced under warranty.

The replacement would take about 2 hours and I was asked if I wanted to ride a loaner while I waited. The Ducati looked way too inviting so instead, I walked across the street and had lunch.

I really did like my K1200LT and put about 50,000 trouble free miles on her. The K1600 is just so much better! I ride one up and can't imagine a better bike. No real negative issues and thankfully she seems to have a really solid FD. Haven't heard of one breaking...Clutch seems to be holding up too!

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
DanDiver is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old Apr 19th, 2014, 2:54 pm Thread Starter
Ego equitare, timo ego sum
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , ,
Posts: 9,871
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Dropped by Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay around lunch, to talk to the event coordinator and the IT guy, Alex, to firm up the plan which the Owner, Aaron, thought up.

While there, I was poking around the Helmets, looking for a new lid for the melon. I've always wanted a Shuberth, but the sizes run small, and they were always way too tight.

As luck would have it, they has a XXXLC4 Pro, in Glossy Silver; matches my GSA. Perfect fit, and just in time too, as my old Caberg Justisimo has seen it's better days, and is destined for the trash.

The sales guy made me an offer I could not refuse, and it followed me home.

This Dealership is always packed, and customers hang around a long time, enjoying the atmosphere, and outstanding selection of bikes at competitive prices
DaveDragon is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:59 am
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Leduc , Alberta , Canada
Posts: 296
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Hope you like the new helmet. I would like to ask you do skid lids have a shelf life? My HJC is now coming up to 10 years old but still looks new. But as I see cage child seats have 5 year life only just wondered if helmets are the same. OR is it just a way to make $$$ . Thanks

BMWMOA
Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 K1200LT Storm Grey metallic
Uni Go Trailer
Chayside is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old Apr 20th, 2014, 12:24 pm
Senior Member
 
Motodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 842
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon View Post
Hi Tom, it has been a while...

New owner for about two years now, some of the service team is new as well.

Not sure, but I think Haps closed.
Hap's was still open as of March 2014. But they had no '14 RT's to view when I was there.
Motodan is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:47 am
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Bought my bike there. Been a very positive experience. Pancake on the first Saturday's of the month is really nice. They do a lot for our Local BMW club.

Jerry Pease
Tampa Bay
jpintpa is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 12:48 am
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

PS: Haps is still there. They are more Honda than anything else.

Jerry Pease
Tampa Bay
jpintpa is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 6:05 am
Senior Member
 
tmgs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NE Georgia, GA., USA
Posts: 5,835
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

I'm in fl right now
I need a need helmet too my Schubert is pretty old and wearing out

not sure if I will have enough time to get over there or not but if I do I'll drop us a message to say howdy

I want mine in white though

see ya
Tom


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDragon View Post
Dropped by Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay around lunch, to talk to the event coordinator and the IT guy, Alex, to firm up the plan which the Owner, Aaron, thought up.

While there, I was poking around the Helmets, looking for a new lid for the melon. I've always wanted a Shuberth, but the sizes run small, and they were always way too tight.

As luck would have it, they has a XXXLC4 Pro, in Glossy Silver; matches my GSA. Perfect fit, and just in time too, as my old Caberg Justisimo has seen it's better days, and is destined for the trash.

The sales guy made me an offer I could not refuse, and it followed me home.

This Dealership is always packed, and customers hang around a long time, enjoying the atmosphere, and outstanding selection of bikes at competitive prices

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
tmgs is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 6:07 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
 
katnapinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Kyle, Texas, USA
Posts: 8,597
Re: Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay - Good Experiance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayside View Post
Hope you like the new helmet. I would like to ask you do skid lids have a shelf life? My HJC is now coming up to 10 years old but still looks new. But as I see cage child seats have 5 year life only just wondered if helmets are the same. OR is it just a way to make $$$ . Thanks
5 years is the normal life of a helmet according to the helmet makers. The helmet may look good but the padding inside can be compromised over time from sweat, dirt & other things. Plus the shell can start to loose its strength. I have a 40 year old Bell Star that saved my live in 1979 that is fully restored & looks like new but I would never wear it on the bike. I keep it to always remind me to wear a Helmet.

Stevie Shreeve
katnapinn is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 good arguments sheldan2 Humor 1 Sep 9th, 2011 10:06 am
Rather longish, but good tips & info! vvk Bike Talk 7 Jun 19th, 2011 4:43 pm
Too Good To Be True?? ChrisO83 RT Series 22 Jun 4th, 2009 11:58 am
Our Curve Cowboy Experience 2007 gisman Ride Tales 5 Apr 16th, 2008 5:10 pm
Carolina Euro - good rando Dealer Experiences 0 Aug 28th, 2006 7:23 am

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome