Big Thanks to Performance Plus Cycles of Memphis - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Sep 16th, 2012, 9:04 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Big Thanks to Performance Plus Cycles of Memphis

Just got back (to Houston) from a 2600 mile trip during which both my tires ran out of tread. I know, I should have replaced them before the trip since they had a bunch of miles on them already, but let's not make this about me.

I was just getting back on the Natchez Trace Parkway south of Nashville(?) and checked the tires at a stop. Both needed to be replaced post haste. It was about 3:30ish and I saw that the nearest dealer was in Memphis - Performance Plus Cycles. Not knowing who else might have tires for an LT and not knowing if there were any tricks to this bike (I've only had it about 5 months), I wanted to go to a BMW dealer. I talked to Marvin (the service manager) and he said they closed at 6:00p and that he had an event to go to (something his son was doing). He wanted to leave right at 6:00p. I told him I'd get there as fast as I could, but of course I got there about 15 minutes before they closed. Even so, Marvin stayed to make sure that I got two new tires and was cheerful and gracious the whole time - even while explaining to his wife why he now needed to meet her at the destination instead of whatever their original plans were.

I owe a big thanks to Marvin and Performance Plus Cycles and can attest firsthand to their customer service. Everyone there was friendly and treated me as if I was the first customer of the day rather than the last one who was keeping them after hours.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in