Westside Motorsports, Spokane, WA -- Very Poor - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Sep 10th, 2012, 4:02 pm Thread Starter

Westside Motorsports, Spokane, WA -- Very Poor

I recently tried to buy a K1600GTL from my local dealership, Westside Motorsports in Spokane, WA, a demo bike with 2500 miles on it, trading in my immaculate '08 RT (18,000 miles) and painted top box for $9,600 off the price, meaning $16,250 out the door.

The day I was supposed to take delivery they called and advised that the "wash boy" had dropped it. That was 8/15. They said a week to get the new parts in and on. On 8/24 they got parts in, but when I called, they told me they hadn't ordered them all. They said they would put in a rush order for the extra parts in order to get them on 8/28.

The parts didn't come in until 9/4. The whole time, I'm calling daily -- they never initiate the communication. THEN, when the parts finally get here, they tell me they have to get a panel painted (on the bike that's been sitting in their shop for three weeks). That takes three days.

I go to Westside at 4:00 pm on Friday, 9/7, and wait for an hour and a half while they "go get the bike." Finally, they check my RT out. First, they tell me the book hasn't been stamped for the 18,000 service and want to talk about the cost of that against my trade-in value. I tell them THEY did the service and show them the reciept. Then, they want to take $350 off the trade in value for a front fork seal. Of course, I had just paid them $1,500 for a 18,000 mile service and they made no mention of a fork seal.

When I pushed back, the sales guy finally admits that they had no room on the price because the $1,200 BMW incentive had expired 8/31. I walked. The stupid, serial screw ups were bad enough, but what was worse was that throughout the whole time Westside would blow deadlines without so much as a call or check in -- I had to initiate every communication. Then they blow the dealer incentive and use that as an excuse to change the deal. I'll get my GTL somewhere else.

Johnny Ray
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:54 pm

Re: Westside Motorsports, Spokane, WA -- Very Poor

Empire motors in Spokane is just as bad...

It is becoming too hard to deal with the only dealer in town mentality which begs the question - who can I trust when it is time to buy a new bike in regards to ethics, service and warranty issues ?

I am able to buy anything I want right now and cannot hold my nose to do business with some of the local dealers. So I just spent more money maintaining what I have and enjoy it until something I want used comes along at the right price.

47+ Yrs Daily Motorcycle Street riding for Therapy

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour

2007 Black Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - Sold
2007 Red Moto Guzzi Norge 1200 - Sold
2005 LT Dark Graphite - (Sold)
2005 PearlBlue FJR1300 (Sold)
3 BMW's, 8 HD baggers, 3 Goldwings & 860K + miles later
*Ridin steady since 1973

post #3 of 3 Old Mar 29th, 2014, 5:44 pm

Garage
Re: Westside Motorsports, Spokane, WA -- Very Poor

Any recommendations for service on the west side of the state? There are no BMW dealers/service here in Yakima (Even the BMW auto dealership closed down a couple of years ago.)

Rev Ed
2015 R1200RT "Ebony" (Black Cherry)
2007 R1200RT (replaced aging FJR 1300)
2005 Crossfire Roadster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in