Bad attitude from A&S Cycles - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:08 am Thread Starter

Bad attitude from A&S Cycles

More than 8 days ago, I sent a message to A&S Cycles («http://www.ascycles.com») asking about a product. I have yet to receive a reply. I mean, 8 days! I sent them a reminder two days ago, and got an automated reply saying something like «Your request is being reviewed by our team... we will back to you as soon as...» All I asked was that if a certain item would fit my model bike. You'd think I was applying for citizenship or my tax return was audited. Geez!

So, that's it, I'm done with A&S. There are enough merchants for BMW farkles out there.

Just wanted to share my bad experience with them. YMMV.

Last edited by Hammam; Aug 2nd, 2012 at 11:29 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:31 am

Re: Bad attitude from A&S Cycles

Bummer. I was just on-site at A&S yesterday, and had a great experience. Bobby in parts spent an hour working with my wife to get the correct fit on her new helmet.

Their internet team is a separate dept. though.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:35 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallzee
Bummer. I was just on-site at A&S yesterday, and had a great experience. Bobby in parts spent an hour working with my wife to get the correct fit on her new helmet.

Their internet team is a separate dept. though.
Well, they should give sh... to their Internet dept because they just made them lose a customer. And gain a bad story on the Net.

post #4 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:36 am
Lifetime Supporter

Methinks we seem to have forgotten about phones in the digital age.

pm
--
Life is too short to do anything
other than that about which you
are absolutely passionate . . .
Ride till you can't!

"Der Weg ist das Ziel"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2011 South Africa

2014 The Dolomites of Italy, Alps of Switzerland & Austria and returning to Milan via the "Gold Coast" of the French Riveria.

2016 Spain & Portugal

2018 Central & Eastern Europe: Slovenia, Austria, Poland,Hungary, Czech Republic & Slovakia!

'18 R1200RTW
'00 K1200LTC (Dealer is taking on consignment!)
'90 K75-Sold to a new BMW owner (2016)
'62 R 50/2 (Rode hard and put away wet)-Sold in '81
'63 Vespa 150 (1st and only dirt bike!)
Sold in '67

post #5 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:50 am
Lifetime Supporter

I seem to have worked out my issue with A&S recently over the web. I unsubscribed to their emailings since I was no longer going to do business with them. I was personally contacted, via email, and asked why I was unsubscribing. I told them what had been happening and left it at that. A few days later a package arrived for me that, I suppose, was to right their wrong.
I haven't decided yet if it did, but I feel at least one of the issues was resolved.

Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
post #6 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:56 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Sorry you had a issue but I must say I have had excellent service from them.

I ordered the top case brake light flasher over the internet. When I got it it didn't function correctly, so I called them. Got a guy named Paul on the phone explained my issue, he put me on hold for about 30 seconds, came back and said new one is in the mail. I asked about the broken one, keep it was the reply.

My two cents but; one can rarely detect attitude from an automated email, perhaps a phone call will resolve your issue.

John Baker

2005 BMW K1200LT
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
1978 Honda CB350
1975 Suzuki GT380
post #7 of 13 Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 3:05 pm

Garage

While I will NEVER be a supporter of A N(U) S... I will say that if you call the parts department or walk in you'll have better luck.... Ask for Freddie... LOL

Hoss
'Stupidity has a knack of getting its way.' --Albert Camus
'05- K1200LT - Gretchen
R.I.P. - '00- K1200LTE- "Barbara" - Retired at 168K 9/2011
MOA, IBA, EXR & RCB and TMI
post #8 of 13 Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 1:16 pm

I also had a bad experience with them about 4 years ago when I was looking to purchase an LT. They said they won't sell a motorcycle to a Canadian!!

I foung that strange, so I called back to discuss with a manager a few days later, got the same reply.
So I found one in New York at a dealer, and will continue to purchase from them.

I guess that was policy when things were going well!!

Bowdon
post #9 of 13 Old Aug 5th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Been doing business with A&S for about 15 years, and in all those years I can say I have never had a bad expierence with them.
Sorry to hear about yours!

Bill (aka Chipper)
Elk Grove Ca.
2014 K1600GTL-E
2009 K1200LT (BLACK)-Traded In
2004 RTP Work Bike(Retired)
2002 LTE Totaled Aug/2011)
1978 H-D LowRider
1975 Honda-Goldwing
post #10 of 13 Old Aug 6th, 2012, 7:09 am

Maybe you have to explain to them Bowden that Canada is contiguous with USA?

That reminds me of when I set out to buy another HD. I called different dealers, including the one that I had bought my prior one from, and was told that they wouldn't let me buy one unless I lived near their dealership.

I love my 2000 LT; bought it in 2000.

Best from tucson
Bob

"He was a foul caricature of himself, a man with no soul, no inner convictions, with the integrity of a hyena, and the style of a poison toad." H. S. Thompson
post #11 of 13 Old Aug 8th, 2012, 2:02 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:

I also had a bad experience with them about 4 years ago when I was looking to purchase an LT. They said they won't sell a motorcycle to a Canadian!!

A freind of mine, in our local BMW Club, & is a BMW motorcycle dealer told me.
BMW NA has told all it's USA dealers to not sell to Canadians. That BMW NA will make life hard on any of the dealers that do.

Patric Blackman
2002 K1200LT/Hannigan2+2
2010 R1200GSA ...1987 Helix...
AMA Charter Lifemember
37 Year Member of both BMWMOA & BMWRA

post #12 of 13 Old Aug 9th, 2012, 10:47 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammam
Well, they should give sh... to their Internet dept because they just made them lose a customer. And gain a bad story on the Net.

Posts like this are totally non-productive and only prove your inability to solve a minor issue.

Then you whine and trash them in public like it's the end of the world and that you choosing to personally not do buisness with them will cause others to do the same.

Why not first post in the Nor-Cal forum if anyone here knows how to expedite a response (many of us personally know the owner/employees) or ask if someone knows if your desired farkle fits your bike?

Did you try the manufacture first (probably the best people to know if it works for you) ?
As mentioned, why not just use the phone and get instant satisfaction?

I can only guess A & S gets hundreds of internet emails daily and responding to each must be a challenge, not an excuse but a fact.
Perhaps they had to inquire of the mfg and are waiting for a reply just like you?

IMO the "keyboard" is the least productive way to get satisfaction.

Have I always been 100% satisfied when dealing with A & S (or any of the hundreds of other business I deal with personally)?
NO, but I make sure to let them know why so they or I can improve how we deal with each other.

Sorry your unhappy and if your ever in Nor-Cal I owe you a beer.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

post #13 of 13 Old Sep 4th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammam
More than 8 days ago, I sent a message to A&S Cycles («http://www.ascycles.com») asking about a product. I have yet to receive a reply. I mean, 8 days! I sent them a reminder two days ago, and got an automated reply saying something like «Your request is being reviewed by our team... we will back to you as soon as...» All I asked was that if a certain item would fit my model bike. You'd think I was applying for citizenship or my tax return was audited. Geez!

So, that's it, I'm done with A&S. There are enough merchants for BMW farkles out there.

Just wanted to share my bad experience with them. YMMV.
Hi
I am Randy Felice the Dealer Principle at A&S BMW Motorcycles. I just saw this. We have a very sophisticated system for following up on emails so please send me your email address so I can track down what happened. my email addres is [email protected]. Lets figue this one out. My cell is 916-705-5356

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in