Ride West BMW, Seattle - THUMBS DOWN - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Mar 29th, 2012, 1:25 pm Thread Starter

Ride West BMW, Seattle - THUMBS DOWN

For some reason I am unable to clique with the Ride West, Seattle dealership.

For my first visit I called to make a maintenance service appointment for my used 2006 LT. I referred to my Maintenance Book to tell them what had been done. They set me up with an appointment. I drove 100+ miles for this service. When I got home, I discovered they only did half of the recommended service. When I called to find out what's up, I was told they didn't schedule enough time to do all the service required, so I had to return to complete this service.

My second maintenance service was unremarkable and completed without incident, I thought.

During my third maintenance service, the mechanic stripped the bolt receiver on the Tupperware under the lid on the top of my gas tank. Not only that, but they didn't install the ground light on the black tip-over plastic. I called to complain. Ride West decided to send me the screws and bolts to fix their mistakes, after explaining to me that the ground light must have come loose. If it did come loose, I'm just amazed at how it came to rest completely within the black tip-over plastic. REMARKABLE! When I received my package of bolts, none of them were the correct bolts. Again I complained. Again I got the wrong bolts. Third complaint was the charm. They sent the right bolts, but the bolt in the Tupperware stripped immediately. I called to complain again and was asked to bring my bike back so they could work on it. They re-tapped the bolt receiver rather than replace the bolt receiver.

During this visit to Ride West I complained to the Service Manager about what I considered 'shoddy work'. I showed them a loose bolt over my clutch reservoir that secures an after-market camera mount. Ride West reinstalled this camera mount during my second maintenance service. I was informed that they could not be responsible for after-market devices. Sounds fair, except that a couple weeks prior to my maintenance service Ride West put out a mailer that explained why they had to charge extra for correctly removing and reinstalling after-market items. So ... Ride West will charge you extra to deal with after-market items, but they aren't responsible for how they reinstall these after-market parts.

I find it disturbing that a person can not contact anyone in this organization that seemed to give a damn. The owners seem to shield themselves very well from the public. I am due for my 30k mile service and plan to work with a private, yet BMW certified Seattle mechanic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Mar 30th, 2012, 3:03 pm

Re: Ride West BMW, Seattle - THUMBS DOWN

Try Valentine Motors. I was very satisfied with my service last spring.
post #3 of 7 Old Jul 9th, 2012, 1:26 pm

For what it is worth, I've always had good service from Ride West. The service team has always been dead-on with time and cost estimates.

Also for what it is worth, I was talking with one of the service guys last month and he mentioned that the owners of Ride West are trying to sell the business and aren't very interested in the enterprise at the moment, so that doesn't help matters.

post #4 of 7 Old Jul 9th, 2012, 4:20 pm

I also have had only excellent experiences at Ride West. Particulalry in service. Mark, the service manager has been excellent and so has everyone else including slaes parts and clothing!

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
post #5 of 7 Old Jul 10th, 2012, 10:43 am

Regarding their website, however, even when compared to most other motorcycle dealer websites, is the most uninformative, unhelpful and generally worthless waste of web space I have ever seen.

Why do motorcycle dealer websites suck? Sure, there are some OK ones out there, but in this day and age, not having a useful, responsive, informative and intuitive web presence is an unforgivable sin.
post #6 of 7 Old Jul 10th, 2012, 5:29 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by four12
Regarding their website, however, even when compared to most other motorcycle dealer websites, is the most uninformative, unhelpful and generally worthless waste of web space I have ever seen.

Why do motorcycle dealer websites suck? Sure, there are some OK ones out there, but in this day and age, not having a useful, responsive, informative and intuitive web presence is an unforgivable sin.
I believe thier site is a standardized BMW Corporate template.

Not fantastic, but i don't see it as absurdly bad as you have commented.

Maybe if you were a bit more specific?

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
post #7 of 7 Old Jul 11th, 2012, 10:29 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicman
I believe thier site is a standardized BMW Corporate template.

Not fantastic, but i don't see it as absurdly bad as you have commented.

Maybe if you were a bit more specific?
Go to www.ridewest.com and quickly find the following information:

1. Their store hours
2. A link to a map showing their location
3. A list of services offered
4. Email addresses for common functions (parts, service, sales, etc.)

Items 1 and 2 are accessible if you scroll to the bottom of the page and realize that there is indeed a hyperlink embedded in the paragraph of text, but it is formatted the same as the rest of the text so you don't realize it contains the information you are looking for.

Their mobile site is actually more useful than the full website.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in