Cudo's to Lonestar BMW - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Oct 11th, 2011, 2:16 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Cudo's to Lonestar BMW

A couple of weeks ago, I went to crank up ol' Babe and nada. Hooked her up to the Battery Tender even though it hadn't been that long. left it for 2 days when it started blinking not charging. Took the battery out, put it on the floor, tried again. 1 hour later, blinking not charging. Got out voltmeter and it read 6.84 volts. Tore the house up looking for the receipt, since it was less than a year old (bought when I got the bike inspected last year. No joy, receipt gone to where socks go from the dryer. So off I go last Thursday to Lonestar with battery and hat in my hand. I asked if they could check it and tell me if it was bad or just so far down my battery tender won't charge it (never had this happen and I've left it unplugged for over a month before). BTW, I bought it on XX/XX date last year. I don't have my receipt but know the date because that was state inspection day. Service came back and said leave it overnight so they could try to charge it enough to check it. Kathy in parts looked it up and found my invoice from last year and said "If we can't charge it, we'll give you a new one." Friday morning I called and Kathy said "come get a new one the old one is toast." Now I'm up & running again just in time for some fantastic weather. Now that's Service!!!

Benny C. (Central Texas)
2001 LTC Pacific Blue (Babe...the blue ox)
1986 Kawasaki Concours (Connie) sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in