Bob's BMW - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 7:01 am Thread Starter

Bob's BMW

Quick shout out to Bob's BMW, Jessup, MD:

Long & short, I ordered over $130.00 dollars of Bob's BMW merchandise (apparel), last week.

The package arrived in five days, which included the weekend (ground shipping), and the package was well prepared, and the order that I placed was very well packaged and without one error!

Kudos to Bob's BMW. Well done, Mates!

I will continue to do business with them...

Cheers,

BB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Nov 6th, 2011, 3:56 am

Re: Bob's BMW

Hi dealt with them for a set of fairing stickers for a K1 I was working on,being a international delivery I was not in a hurry,a box with stickers turned up with the right fairing sticker missing,one of the mudguard stickers not in a BMW plastic bag,no invoice and the stickers rolled up ,emailed them to find out about the missing sticker when they finally replied they said they don't make mistakes,double checking everything,not happy at all with them,when oil got to the clutch on my K1200LT I got the parts from Motor Works in England and the missing K1 sticker,it arrived between 2 bits of cardboard in perfect condition with the clutch parts, could not recommend them more highly,BMW parts in Australia are so expensive I get most from overseas.Pedro
post #3 of 8 Old Nov 14th, 2011, 9:59 am

I just bought my first BMW (2012 R1200RT) from Bob's on Friday. What a great experience! I have dealt with so many dealers in past. Bob's is by far the BEST buying experience I have ever had. It helps that they are only a BMW dealer. The people were extremely friendly. So many small touches that made it the best. Clean, comfortable, well stock accessories, gear and more.

Saturday when my bike stopped running 156 miles from the dealership they sent a truck to pick up my bike. That is unheard of today. They had to pay for the transport since I was 10 miles from a local dealer who I choose not to do business with. I am a Bob's BMW customer for life!

post #4 of 8 Old Jan 26th, 2012, 9:21 pm

Probably not the best plan to use my second post "flaming" a dealer, but I was a regular customer of Bob's, having bought a bike there, having purchased a variety of items over the course of several years, and having multiple bikes serviced there. This past year I had terrible experiences with the dealership. Poor salesman, damaged plastic while my bike was serviced...twice! Promises and apologies and commitments to make things "right" by the Service Manager that were never followed up on. Promises by the Bob's Sales Manager to correct poor service when attempting to make several deals on new bikes, disinterested Salesman, lack of follow-up, etc, etc. Nothing. Nada. I was totally blown away at how many ways the personnel in Sales and Service tripped over themselves and screwed things up. During one of my experiences I had FD work done to my GS. The bike exhibited the same problems, including weeping oil and making noise before I even arrived home. I took the bike back and it was there for another two weeks. Wow! By their response to these various situations during 2011, it was readily apparent that they have more customers than they know what to do with, and really don't care to lose a few customers here and there. Enough said, totally frustrated and disappointed. I changed dealerships and bought a new RT.

'11 r1200RT, '05 r1200GS, '04 Special Construction, '02 Aprilia RSV
post #5 of 8 Old Jan 27th, 2012, 7:07 am

Goes to show that any normally good dealer can have a bad day (situation). Overall, you are lucky to have a choice. Most of us here, do not. Good thing I am more than pleased with my dealer.

Ultra LT
05 K1200LT
08 R1200R
10 R1200RT
post #6 of 8 Old Jan 30th, 2012, 10:28 pm

I bought my LT,brand new, from Bob's. I have almost always had the bike serviced there and have never had any problems. On one occasion, while having the bike serviced,I wandered into the showroom. I was the only person there and I wanted to talk to someone about a new LT on the floor. The salesguy talked to me across the showroom, never getting up from his desk. While we were talking, two people walked into the showroom and he stopped talking to me and began talking with them. Eventually, I bought a new LT but not from Bob's. I do,however, get it serviced there.
post #7 of 8 Old Mar 4th, 2012, 3:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacz00
I bought my LT,brand new, from Bob's. I have almost always had the bike serviced there and have never had any problems. On one occasion, while having the bike serviced,I wandered into the showroom. I was the only person there and I wanted to talk to someone about a new LT on the floor. The salesguy talked to me across the showroom, never getting up from his desk. While we were talking, two people walked into the showroom and he stopped talking to me and began talking with them. Eventually, I bought a new LT but not from Bob's. I do,however, get it serviced there.
I haven't used Bob's service department, so I can't comment on them.

The parts & apparel guys are fantastic. No matter what bike I ride up on (Harley or BMW), no matter how I'm dressed, no matter what, they're polite and attentive, and have been a huge help to me. Their prices are fair, and I'd rather pay tax and buy from them than pay the same price online.

Last July I got a bug up my butt to get a GSA. They had no issue whatsoever with doing multiple test rides on both the GSA and the brandy-new K16GTL. With that said, I never got any sort of follow-up call after the rides. After my accident in November, I went new bike shopping there for either an RT or a GSA. My experience was identical to the above post. The sales guy the first time was already standing, but started talking to someone else when they walked in. The second time, a different salesman never got up from his desk, even after I mentioned that I had a huge insurance settlement check. Needless to say, I bought my RT from another dealer.

It's a shame too, 'cause the P&A guys at Bob's are just ace.

2005 H-D FXSTB/I
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650
post #8 of 8 Old May 14th, 2012, 8:02 pm

And now I have more experience with them, so I'll add to this.

Their service department took care of a warranty claim quickly and without hassle. No issues with pick-up or drop-off, and they communicated well with me.

Due to comfort issues with the RT, I started shopping for a GS/A again. Much better experience than last time. So good, in fact, that I bought a bike from them.

2005 H-D FXSTB/I
2014 BMW K1600 GTL
2014.5 Kawasaki KLR650

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in