A&S out-of-stock freebee? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old May 26th, 2011, 8:44 pm Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

A&S out-of-stock freebee?

Rant
I get an email from A&S with a hat promo if you purchase anything. Cool. Nice hat. I order a couple things I've been meaning to get. I receive a follow-up email that they don't have any hats so the entire order waits. HUH? How can they offer something they don't have and then hold up a purchase? I have yet to have an order from them go through cleanly. Probably just my bad luck or it took me a while to finally get it. There's no such thing as a free (hat) lunch.
/Rant

Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 9th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Re: A&S out-of-stock freebee?

I have had the same problem with A&S. Not a single purchase has gone through without them having to order something to complete the order. Not only do I have to wait for the order, the shipping is 3 times what the manufacture of the item will charge (A&S wants $32 manufacture wants $11.95). My solution was to unsubscribe to their emails so I do not see their specials and order from directly from the manufacture.

2006 Triumph Tiger
2007 Kawaski 500 LTD
2009 BMW K 1200 LT

Alaska - The best kept secret in the entire U S of A!

I do not have a problem with God, it's his fan clubs that I do not agree with.
post #3 of 3 Old Jul 10th, 2012, 7:23 am Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporter

Re: A&S out-of-stock freebee?

My business now goes to http://www.bmwmotorcyclesofcountryside.com/.
First of all, they're new and local to me. This was a real nice option to happen for me, since my dealer closed shortly after buying the LT. They also throw in a 12% discount from list price on parts.
Anyone know of a better parts deal? I like to support the few dealerships there are.

Jer

Jerry Palma
99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 5)
97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night High Line 'Silver Knight'
85 R80RT 'Lady in Red'
08 535xi Space Gray metallic
09 328i Silver Convertable
17 X3 Glacier Silver metallic

BMWMOA #157323 / ABC #11368 -- All-in-all a newbie!

I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in