Nickwackett Garage is a Winner! (a little long) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Sep 13th, 2010, 9:32 am Thread Starter

Wink Nickwackett Garage is a Winner! (a little long)

Just got home from CCR in Killington, and decided it was time to post about the great generosity and service that Bud provided us. I had issues with what I had originally thought was bad gas on the way to CCR. When it happened again in Killington, I decided maybe that was too many "bad gas" cooincidences, so decided I had better dig a little deeper. Of course this was a Friday and the nearest BMW dealer, Max BMW was going to be closed on Saturday as they had stayed open the previous Monday for early CCR arrivals. But Bud at Nickwackett in nearby Pittsford was open, and would be open Saturday if I still needed him, so that was who I ended up working with.

It was a blessing since Bud let me borrow his direct reading pressure gauge and ride around (naked LT: No Fairings!) which is how we were able to deduce that the problem was not low fuel pressure, as I was thinking, but excess fuel pressure! Bud deduced right off the bat that I must have a blockage in my fuel return line, and we proceeded to bypass the return hose just to see. The pressure was spot on when we simply ran a hose to a jerry can directly from the fuel rail! So Bud went ahead and applied some high pressure air to the return line that goes under the tank to the QD's to clear any blockage and I went to hook everything back up. The QD's would not re-couple! So Bud offered up a couple of the original plastic BMW QD's which I ended up installing. End result was a flawless ride back from Vermont all the way to Portland with nary a burp!

Tk U Bud!

If you ever find yourself in need of anything BMW or Triumph while in that corner of Vermont do not hesitate to drop in or give Bud a call. It is not a flashy looking garage, but it is full of friendly knowledge and BMW parts!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Sep 13th, 2010, 5:32 pm

Thumbs up Re: Nickwackett Garage is a Winner! (a little long)

+1

Bud provided great service and friendly conversation when I had engine and final drive oil changed and 2 new tires mounted durring CCR.

Thrilled to hear of your successful repair John.

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in