Bad fairbanks dealer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 15th, 2010, 8:24 pm Thread Starter

Bad fairbanks dealer

I was in alaska in june and my rear bearing went outside of Fairbanks and I needed a new front tire. So I took it to the Outpost, which is the dealer there for HD, Honda, Victory, and BMW. After several days of delays and broken promises, I finally got my bike back. Seems it was a low priority beside the HD's that were pouring in broken down. I drove it to Anchorage an had no choice but to put up with front wheel vibration because my wife had to catch a plane the next day, When I got home, I noticed oil leaking from the rear end. My dealer took it apart and the new assembly was loose. Outpost didnt torque it properly. The front tire also wasnt balanced properly and both were causing the vibration. So I called Outpost back and asked about the warranty they had promised me when I picked the bike up. Demetrius, the service manager, refuses to call me back depsite several calls to him and faxing my dealers repair bill for reimburement from the promised 'warranty'. I strongly advise all riders to stay away from this rip-off dealer if you ride a BMW, They only want HD business. I met two riders on GS's from Wisconson who also had a bad experience there, and only got service because one of them was a qualified BMW mechanic.
Does anyone have any advice on who to contact to make a higher complaint? The store manager wasnt any more help either.

Kronson
2001 K1200LT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 17th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Garage
Re: Bad fairbanks dealer

You might try BMW Customer Service. Their number is in your owners manual.

Good luck...........

Bill Reitz
Surf City, USA
'06 Storm Gray Metallic LT
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 18th, 2010, 9:32 am

Re: Bad fairbanks dealer

Welcome to America... Try to act like an American... Sue the bastards...

Sorry,,, Doesn't it just piss you off when some idiot does half the job and charges you full price.. Sometimes I just want to get a gun and..............................

Go target shooting, Yeah, That's it... Target shooting....

You should probably learn how to fix your bike yourself.. I'm almost never satisfied with the work that some ham fisted, knuckle brained, twelve sammich eatin bastard does to my vehicles..

John

Live and direct from the new earthquake capitol of the U.S. Jones, Oklahoma
08 Can-Am Spyder (Miss Lindy's)
03 R1200CLC Capri Blue "Flipper"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

01 R1100RT Glacier Blue "Lucky"
91 R100GS "It'sNotAMoneyPit"
The voices in my head may not be real, But they have some good ideas!

"I like the wind in my face and Boobies on my back. No, Wait, I got that backwards"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in