BMW Western Oregon - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old May 12th, 2010, 3:01 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs down BMW Western Oregon

I'm in the middle of a tear down in which I'll replace the clutch and all associated parts, and a final drive rebuild. I wanted to "buy local", and last year did a test ride of an RT at the BMWWO in Eugene. They were very gracious about letting me ride one of their bikes, and were as local as I could get - about 130 miles away.
I called over to get my parts, and they assured me by phone and by e-mail ( a copy of which I have kept) that they had all the parts in stock.
Wife took the day off, and over we went. Left the house about 11:00 AM and arrived at about 2 PM. They had everything but the clutch pressure plate, clutch housing and final drive bearing. They offered to order them and ship them to me for an additional $11, and they'd go out next Thursday ( 9 days from then).
I stewed about this all night, got up today and fired off an e-mail to the owner expressing my dissatisfaction. They didn't respond. I cancelled my order, called another dealer, and they'll have the parts to me tomorrow!
Don't know why I'd EVER do business with BMW of Western Oregon again.

Sorry to rant, but want anyone else considering dealing with them to just be aware.

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old May 12th, 2010, 3:58 pm

Re: BMW Western Oregon

Sorry to hear about your problem. I've said it once, and I'll say it again - Bentonville BMW (AR) are the nicest folks I've dealt with, and prices are more than fair. No sales tax, and shipping is flat rate.

Brian
CCR: 2008, Midway; 2011, Boise; 2012, Duluth; 2014, Chattanooga. MOA: Billings, 2015; SLC, 2017
CCR-R: 2018, Russellville
'13 K1600 GTL-P - "Eva"
Sold but "beloved" ride: K12 LT - "Pepe"
IBA #31242 (SSx2, BB, BBG)
MOA #136148

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
post #3 of 8 Old May 12th, 2010, 6:59 pm
BMW Guru

I've heard nothing but very good things about BMW WO. I suspect this is an isolated indecent. Did they offer an explanation?

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 8 Old May 12th, 2010, 8:33 pm Thread Starter

The only explanation I got at the time was that "someone" must have sold those parts and not removed it from inventory. Isn't that done by computer if and when the part gets sold? No answer to my e-mail. I cancelled my order, and all I was told was that it wouldn't be a problem as they hadn't placed it yet anyway (yes, this was the next day). I'm only now hearing from some of the Portland area guys that they have problems too. Live and learn.
post #5 of 8 Old May 13th, 2010, 6:34 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Not knowing anything about this dealer I will only ad that I have worked for numerous parts supply stores and inventory WILL be off from time to time. They may have used the parts in house & not removed them from inventory yet.

Stevie Shreeve
post #6 of 8 Old May 13th, 2010, 11:27 am
IBR# 366

Garage

My experiences with BMW WO have always been positive and satisfactory, whether for parts or service (I've never bought a bike there so can't comment on the sales guys).

Still, any dealer can make a mistake and I do understand your frustration, especially after calling ahead before traveling so far. Bummer.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #7 of 8 Old May 13th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Cool Re: BMW Western Oregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
My experiences with BMW WO have always been positive and satisfactory, whether for parts or service (I've never bought a bike there so can't comment on the sales guys).

Still, any dealer can make a mistake and I do understand your frustration, especially after calling ahead before traveling so far. Bummer.
BMW WO has two stores: Eugene; and Tigard. I can't really comment on the Eugene store since I have not had any real dealings with them. but a lot of us (us local Pac Nor Wetters, that is) have had some very unpleasant experiences with the Tigard store. I would offer that Art, Ernie, Frank, and myself have had our share of unpleasant experiences with the Parts dept of one or the other BMW WO stores for sure. And I would suggest talking to Ernie about the Tigard Service dept Ken!

It really is a shame since I don't believe it is the owner's doing, but just some inept folks working those depts. In fact, the couple who run the stores were very cooperative several years back in providing demo rides for us at the WCR in Bend! That was very much appreciated. But the performance of the two depts at Tigard leaves a lot to be desired.

I am so far happy with the performance of Portland MC Parts and Service. I have not had any personal experience with the Sales depts of any of the local stores.

My $.02,

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

post #8 of 8 Old May 18th, 2010, 5:33 pm Thread Starter

Update. Week later, just received a very nice apology e-mail from BMWWO, assuring that they are making changes to their procedures based on my experience. From now on, hands on parts check and perhaps emailing "photos" of parts required. Ride West out of Seattle sent me a copy of parts fish (sp?) to assure correct parts.
Just thought I'd mention it out of fairness.
Frank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in