Blackfoot Motorsports Calgary AB - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 12:46 pm Thread Starter

Blackfoot Motorsports Calgary AB

HELP!

I have received the worse customer service ever from Blackfoot and I belive I am not alone. Please if you have had bad service call BMW 1-800-567-2691 (Have your VIN) and relate your experience. My bike has been held hostage for a month and I cant get a straight answer on what they are doing to my bike or at what stage they are at in the repairs. I am considering selling and never owning a BMW again due to my experience with this dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Apr 13th, 2010, 2:17 pm

Re: Blackfoot Motorsports Calgary AB

Mr.Magoo, Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with Blackfoot. I had always heard that they were way better than Argyle in Edmonton! I have been email back and forth with a guy in Stony Plain about troubles he is having with Argyle after $1000 repair bill.

Hope you are successful in getting satisfaction.

BIGHOPPER (Phil)
BGB 602
2016 R1200RT LC Purchase March
2003 R1150GSA Black Beast (purchased Nov 2011- 32,372klms)
2006 K1200LT Grey
(Purchased 2008, 7,350 mls) Trade in on 2016 RT at 80,600miles
1975 Norton John Player Replica (Sold When I got Married)
1973 Norton Interstate
1965 Atlas 750
1971 Triumph Trail Blazer(Rode from London to Sydney Aust, no maps for that)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 Old Apr 14th, 2010, 11:53 am Thread Starter

Thanks for the sympathy

These big multi-brand dealers just cant keep up with servicing what they sell . I have registered a complaint with BMW Canada and hope others will do the same. Its called Alberta Arrogance which is (we are so busy a single unhappy customer means nothing). Sorry to hear that Edmonton is the same I guess that means more trips to BC and Montana.

post #4 of 6 Old Apr 15th, 2010, 10:21 am

Why don't you give Anderwerks a try? There is also a new dealership in Kelowna where the customer service according to my buddies who use it is excellent. It would be a nice weekend ride. Go out on Friday. Get it serviced on Saturday and ride back on Sunday. I usually co-ordinate my ride out to B.C. with a service stop at SM Cycle in Victoria. They offer terrific service. It is a PITA when your local dealer isn't very good.
post #5 of 6 Old Apr 21st, 2010, 11:45 am Thread Starter

With you on this one. I also plan my services around trips to SM Cycle as I have family on the Island. Durrell and his staff are top notch.

I will take your advise on the dealership in Kelowna and give them a try. I have a extended warrenty and Anderwerks will not do any warrenty work so Im hooped there.

As of today it looks like Im getting my bike back how does $3400 dollars grab ya with about $1000 covered by warrenty. Trying to get a look at the bill but they seem too busy to fax it to me. They would hate for me to be prepared to ask questions when I get there.

I just got to keep reminding myself I LOVE MY BIKE , I LOVE MY BIKE
post #6 of 6 Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 9:53 am
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronk1200lt
Why don't you give Anderwerks a try? ....
Definitely check out Anderwerks. Back in 2005 the speedo cable on my R1100GS broke while we were in Fairbanks while doing the Alaska loop. George at Trails End didn't have one in stock, but advised to be careful as the GS cable is longer than the other 1100's. As we continued on Anchorage, Edmonton no one had the cable. I called Blackfoot from Jasper and was assured they had one in stock. I had them check and confirm it was for a GS. Yes. Great schedule pick up and install next morning.

To shorten up a long story, they had the R/RT cable. Too short, eh? A guy who just happened by steered me to Anderwerks. About the first thing out of Dave's mouth was, "I don't know if I have a GS cable, you know it's longer than the rest." He did have the GS cable, and was good enough to do the install at that time.

Motor On ,/'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in