BMW of Lousiville - Any experiences? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2010, 2:10 pm Thread Starter

BMW of Lousiville - Any experiences?

When I get back from my current deployment I'll be looking to buy a new RT. BMW of Lousville is the closest dealer to me. Does anyone have any experiences with this dealer?

I don't mind to drive to TN for good selection and service, but if L-ville has a good reputation, I'd prefer to work with them, as they're about an hour away from my home.

Thanks in advance for the information.
Casey

Thank a teacher if you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.
2011 RT Ostra Grey Low Suspension model
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Garage
Re: BMW of Lousiville - Any experiences?

Got a great deal on a tire there two-three years ago. I was visiting Louisville for a conference and I stopped in the Tuesday after their Open House Sale. I got a Metzler ME880 rear tire for my LT for $132. I simply strapped it to my luggage and checked it when I flew home.

Rob V.B.
2015 Triumph Explorer 1200
2007 BMW GT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 BMW LT (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 BMW R1150 traded for 2002 Yamaha FZ1 traded for a 2003 GSXR 750

post #3 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2010, 5:34 pm

I've had some service there when I 1st got my bike. Normal BMW pricing but they were very nice and they kept me advised and stayed by their estimates. Was satisfied with work done. Since that time I've been doing my own service but have purchased my needed parts from then and parts department has been real good about sending me the parts UPS.

post #4 of 9 Old Feb 19th, 2010, 7:43 pm

I bought my bike there this past summer. Salesman, John, is very laid back and friendly. I had a number of side issues when I purchased the bike, he took care of all of them for me. I'd buy another bike from him in a heartbeat.

Dave

2010 K1300GT
2009 1200RT
2005 GL1800
1992 ZX-10
1984 500 Interceptor
post #5 of 9 Old Feb 20th, 2010, 8:38 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. I've not had a lot of contact with the Louisville shop. I look forward to joining the BMW community soon.

Casey

Thank a teacher if you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.
2011 RT Ostra Grey Low Suspension model
post #6 of 9 Old Feb 21st, 2010, 9:39 pm

I've bought 3 new BMW's from BMW Louisville. They service my bikes; I'm 85 miles away. I think their service dept. personnel are excellent. They generally have a good selection of bikes; perhaps a little light on inventory of apparel and accessories but they generally can get them in short order. In my opinion John Carson was a huge drawing card for them. A personable, charming and extremely knowledgable man. Unfortunately John is no longer there. Rumor is that the dealership is being sold, perhaps to a local Harley dealer. No official announcement on that that I know of. Hope this helps.

Ray

2007 K1200LT Hannigan- Blue
2012 R1200GS - Rallye
1973 R75/5 Toaster - Black
post #7 of 9 Old Mar 25th, 2010, 8:32 pm

I've dealt with them for several years. I think they good folks and don't have any complaints. One unknown though. They have been bought out by Harley Davidson of Louisville moving over there in a few weeks and don't know what that will bring. A guy I work with has a Harley and deals with the shop and has nothing but good things to say about them.
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 30th, 2010, 9:04 pm

They are being sold just has to be approved by bmw probably a good thing the harley dealer on arthur street is buying them,,jeff cooke the owner wants out,, his family owned a olds and pontiac dealer, i think he bought the bike shop to have something to play with,, bad timing
post #9 of 9 Old Sep 16th, 2010, 1:10 pm

I've dealt with BMW of Louisville and always had good experiences with both parts and service. As for it being sold, the HD dealer bought the business and relocated it next to his HD site. All is completed and you can now get parts and service at 1700 Arthur St., which is just off the I-65 expressway near downtown. Their phone is 502-634-1340. If he kept the same personnel, then I'd expect the service to be as good as before.

tcars
John

John Carver
K1200LTC, AMA, BMWMOA
Greensboro, GA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in