Destination Bmw Motorcycles, TN - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jan 8th, 2010, 5:15 pm Thread Starter

Destination Bmw Motorcycles, TN

Anyone have experience with Destination BMW in Lenoir, TN. I will be moving and it seems like this will be the closest BMW dealer from where I'll be. Any comments would be welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jan 8th, 2010, 11:09 pm

Re: Destination Bmw Motorcycles, TN

No experience with them but did you know Chattanooga now has a BMW dealer?
www.pandorasmotorsports.com

Doug Roorda
Mid TN
99 K1200LT
03 Ducati M800S-sold
02 F650GS-Dakar
03 DRZ400S
KJ4EER

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jan 12th, 2010, 4:04 pm

I went through Lenoir in late September and they weren't a BMW dealership at that time. Seemed that the shop had been sold and they were having to make a new application with BMW. they had no BMW on the floor and had returned their parts inventory. Needless to say they weren't very BMW friendly at the time. Better call before you go. There is a new dealership in Chattanooga. they had their Grand Opening in December. Located on highway 58. Jim Wiseman

post #4 of 5 Old Jan 22nd, 2010, 4:10 pm

Destination BMW Motorcycles has new BMWs on the floor. They will have an Open House tomorrow, January 23, to hopefully recapture some of the BMW business that they have lost this past year. I purchased a new Metzler rear tire there last weekend so maybe things are improving in the Knoxville are.

Pandora's European Motorcycles are now open in Chattanooga in the Highway 58 area, and are expecting a shipment of BMWs this week or next. I stopped last week to see if they had the Metzler (that I bought in Knoxville/Lenoir City), but since they are just getting started, they would have to order the tire. The tire mounting rates are fifteen dollars cheaper than Destination in the Knox area, per tire. The tires seemed to be equal in price. It would be unfair for me to rate Pandora's dealership so far. They had only two new Ducati's for sale, on the floor. The BMW's on the floor belong to the owners and people who work there. I hope they do well, Chattanooga has been without a BMW dealership since the early '90's, and I know that they could benefit a lot of people.
post #5 of 5 Old Jan 30th, 2010, 8:20 am

Smile Re: Destination Bmw Motorcycles, TN

I had Destination do a full service on my LT- ended up at $1100 (nothing out of the ordinary done valves in spec etc) I was working out of town and did not have time to perform myself. The performance of this service was as planned and I believe they did a good job. I showed up while they were working and bike was stripped - opened up and they were working. I requested the results of the valve check and the mechanic quickly showed me the measurements.

I went by there a few weeks ago and was surprised to see a note on the bulletin board stating something to the effect "Don't trust what you see posted on the internet" They may be sensitive over folks doing there own service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in