Adventure BMW Chesapeake City, VA - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Nov 19th, 2009, 4:24 pm Thread Starter

Adventure BMW Chesapeake City, VA

On my way to the Sun Your Buns rally yesterday in Venice Florida my trip became FUBAR early on! After paying my toll on the Eastern Shore side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, I put the fat pig in first and pulled away only to have the shifter drop to the asphalt when putting her in second. Pulled over, knew that I was not going to fix broken shift linkage on the side of the road on a bridge and called my roadside service. Tow truck got there about an hour later from Virginia Beach and reported that they were told to take me to Checker BMW in Virginia Beach. I told the guy that they were a car dealer. He called them and they of course said that they could not work on a K1200LT or any other bike. Nice tow guy took me all the way to Chesapeake to Adventure BMW and said that I should not worry about the extra miles, he would deal with the idiots at the tow insurance company.

The guys at Adventure could not have been better. The identified the problem right away and said since it was almost 6:30 in the evening, they would not be able to order the part until morning so I would have to hang around the entire next day, but they would have it overnighted and get me back on the road the morning the part came in.

True to their word, at 11:00 AM this morning, my bike was ready with a new shift deflection lever and a couple of bushings for a total bill of $140.00. I even liked the cheap hotel they recommended.

Living in Ocean City, MD, there are no dealers closer than 140 miles or so anyway, so Adventure BMW in Chesapeake VA is now going to be my goto dealer.

Last edited by rkimmel2; Nov 19th, 2009 at 9:09 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Nov 26th, 2009, 9:55 am

Re: Adventure BMW Chesapeake City, VA

Purchased my 06 R1200RT from Adventure and was treated right from start to finish, they are good folks. Bob's is closer for me and I have also been happy with them. That ride over/through the bridge tunnel is neat but at like $24.00 tolls I can't justify it. I would thnk Bob's would be about thew same distance for you, NO?

R1200RT
MSF RiderCoach
post #3 of 5 Old Nov 28th, 2009, 2:18 pm Thread Starter

I live near you in Ocean City and my wife teaches at Indian River HS. Maybe we could drop our bikes for service on a friday together, rent a car across the street from Adventure for about $56.00 for the long weekend and pick up the bikes the following Monday. Also, the tunnel is only $5.00 now if you come back within 24 hours. I also have a mechanic in West Fenwick who is happy to do basic work on the LT or other Beemers, but of course would not do warranty service.

post #4 of 5 Old Nov 29th, 2009, 11:22 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkimmel2
On my way to the Sun Your Buns rally yesterday in Venice Florida my trip became FUBAR early on! After paying my toll on the Eastern Shore side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, I put the fat pig in first and pulled away only to have the shifter drop to the asphalt when putting her in second. Pulled over, knew that I was not going to fix broken shift linkage on the side of the road on a bridge and called my roadside service.
Glad you got saved and dealer did best he could (but you think they would keep these parts in stock as it is a weak link part).

Philjohn makes a replacement unit and I carry the stock as a spare. [email protected]

Doug Holck
Lodi, Ca

I don't always ride motorcycles,
but when I do I prefer BMW's.
Ride safely my friends

3 Continents -10 Countries - 50 States

02 K1200LTe
04 1150GS Adventure
08 Suzuki DR650
CCR 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
See you 2015 in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho

BMW MOA 109760
AMA Charter Life Member 518333
International Fellowship of Motorcycling Rotarians
HDDC POSSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 5 Old Mar 15th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Garage

I bought my '14 R1200RT from Adventure BMW in Chesapeake. I felt like Rick (sales manager) did everything within his power to make the sale go as smoothly as possible. I had been into the dealership several times to drool over the RT's, so Rick was used to seeing me hang around the showroom. I called Rick and told him to hold the Quartz Blue RT for me and gave him all the info he would need to start the sale process. I arrived about an hour before closing time. Rick had everything ready for me to sign when I arrived and still took the time to walk me through all the controls on the bike. He practically gave me the NAV V as part of the deal. I can probably find farkles for less on the google, but I think I will give give my business to Adventure BMW. The guys at Adventure all take a genuine interest in their customers and I feel at home when I'm there. RUBBER-SIDE DOWN!

Mark

Chesapeake, Virginia
'14 BMW R1200RT - Quartz Blue Metallic (paint code=A18)
'11 Victory Cross Country - Imperial Blue SOLD
'03 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 - Purple SOLD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in