Motorcycle Pro Shop, North Sac - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old Sep 10th, 2009, 8:59 am Thread Starter

Motorcycle Pro Shop, North Sac

The short version: Their customer service and help are bad to put nicely.

The long version:
I've been buying tires from the Motorcycle Pro Shop in North Sac for going on three years with no problems in the past. When they first opened the owner was on site all the time as he had few, if any employees. They have the best price on my tire size of anyone providing I could avoid shipping cost. Being they are in this wonderful state as am I, sales tax has to be paid on the merchandise. They are only a 10 minute drive from my house and they will mound and balance the tire, most of the time while you wait, so all in all, a good deal in my opinion. That was until last week......

So on Tuesday I ordered two shiny new Metzler Tires for my baby, being quite excited as I finally have a perfect time to change over from the 'stones I've been running for years as both front and rear were gone. Yahoo!!!

Well on Wednesday afternoon I get a UPS notification that a package will be arriving at my doorstep the following day. Great-my wiring harness for my truck trailer hitch which I purchased on Ebay is here. I thought at the time that the item sure made it here fast from Ohio, but WTF, I'll take some better than expected service for a change.

Thursday afternoon rolls around and just like clock work, here comes the big brown truck. So after parking in front of my lovely abode, the always friendly driver jumps out with this cardboard box. After careful observance on my part, I made the swift and sure determination that this was NOT the aforementioned wire harness. Once the box was in my possession, I thanked that ever friendly UPS guy and headed off for the man cave. Once in the cave and after further examination, I noted that the return address was from the Motorcycle Pro Shop. WTF, I thought to myself, I left instructions in the "special instructions" box for them to call me when the tires arrived and I would pick them up. Not to worry, I tell myself, I'll just go in there to get the tire mounted and explain to Darrin, the owner, their error in processing the order and all will be well. Not so fast Bucko....

So I go in this place, excited that I'm about to mount the new Metz's on my bike. After waiting for probably 5 minutes after ringing the bell several times, I begin to think, boy if I wanted to rip off stuff from these guys, it would sure be easy, nobody is around!! Well given the fact that I have never stolen anything in my life (pens and lighters excepted) the temptation was easy to resist. So after the larceny thought passed from my ever active brain, a young man comes trotting in from the back room. I then begin to explain to him the error in processing my order. The young man, who's name I did not obtain and who I will refer to as "Ezell" forthwith, blankly looked at the copy of the order I handed him for a few seconds. Ezell, who no doubt was studying for his Mensa exam in the back room before being bothered by me, that pesty customer, then stated that in the future whenever I want to pick up an order that I need to call in that order vs. ordering on-line. I responded to Ezell by stating that when I was placing the order, I did not notice anything, anywhere reflecting that statement on any of their webpages. I then told Ezell that it would not be a problem as I needed the tire I brought in mounted and that he could take care of the shipping charge of $24.00 that way with me paying the $1.00 difference. (The labor is $25.00 to change and mount the new tire.) Ezell then went on to babble about how they could not read what the customer typed in the "special instructions" box as the type was so small. About this time, I start thinking that "customer service" is not in Ezell's extremely limited vocabulary. After Ezell completes his BS line on the small print, I called BS on his excuses. Ezell then tells me that only the owner, Darrin can credit the order. I again tell this dense individual that I am not looking for a amendment to the invoice, just mount the tire. Ezell again says the owner is the only one who can issue credits. At this time I tell Ezell that I'll pay for the mount today and that I'll come in tomorrow with the other tire. Ezell tells me Darrin, the supreme owner, will be in tomorrow. So after the tire monkey finished with my tire, I left the previously fine establishment, thinking that if I had highly motivated and customer service oriented employees like that, I'd feel comfy leaving my business too. After all I have a future Mensa member at the helm when I'm gone.

So this morning about 10:30 I go back to this place with the rear tire to have mounted and balanced. There is Ezell sitting behind the desk studying away... Ezell blurts out that Darrin is not here yet. Why does this not surprise me I'm thinking to myself? After all-Ezell's in charge. Anyway Ezell says Darrin will be arriving in a half hour or so and that I could wait around to talk to him. I told Ezell that I had no time to wait around, that this was the second time I had come in to rectify the problem and that I wanted get it resolved. I reminded Ezell that I was only asking for labor in exchange for the error, but he continued to state that only the owner, Darrin could only issue a credit. I asked Ezell if he could call Darrin and explain the situation, "no he needs to look at it." OK if you'd get on the phone and explain the situation Darrin would not need to "see" anything. "No" Ezell replied. At this time I wanted to grab this little puke Ezell and throw his skinny ass across the room, but a cooler head prevailed. I then took the two tires I had come in with and left the building.

Thanks for letting me rant--and rant.

2002 LT Titan Silver
1972 Suzuki TM400 Hustler
BMW MOA #130100

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in