Will need RT serviced in Portland, Oregon this summer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Feb 16th, 2009, 9:56 pm Thread Starter

Will need RT serviced in Portland, Oregon this summer

I am doing a x country run this summer and will take a lay-over in Portland, Oregon area, and plan to do a scheduled service while I am there.

Between Portland Motorcycle Company and BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon in Tigard, which dealer service department do you recommend (or don't recommend)?

Thanks, Also, how about the dealer service department in Boise, Idaho?

RB

2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS (red)
2009 BMW R1200 RT (biue)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Feb 17th, 2009, 12:09 am

Re: Will need RT serviced in Portland, Oregon this summer

BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon in Tigard hands down over Portland Motorcycle.

Gregg
post #3 of 4 Old Feb 17th, 2009, 12:34 am
Lifetime Supporter

Re: Will need RT serviced in Portland, Oregon this summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwbloch
I am doing a x country run this summer and will take a lay-over in Portland, Oregon area, and plan to do a scheduled service while I am there.

Between Portland Motorcycle Company and BMW Motorcycles of Western Oregon in Tigard, which dealer service department do you recommend (or don't recommend)?

Thanks, Also, how about the dealer service department in Boise, Idaho?
I've had excellent experiences at all three!

Big Twin in Boise is small but puts out quality work. They helped me diagnose a faulty battery once over the phone. Once I got there the Gel battery was tested and it held the charge. Later in the ride I had additional problems. Coming through several weeks later I had them test it and they put some additional load on the battery and it failed the test. A new battery and replace a MotoLight bulb and we were on our way to CCR in Teton.

Portland is a multibike shop but has some excellent BMW techs. AlaskaFish and a few others swear by the guys. They are open on Sundays for sales too which is nice for getting that last minute DIY part. I've only had one problem when they put on a mixed pair of ME880's with a radial front that lasted less than 2k. They put on a new tire for free. No harm, no foul.

BMWWO Tigard is a cool store and where I frequently drop my hard earned $$$. I like Scott and Madeline and respect that they are trying to rejuvinate the BMW brand in Oregon with two top class stores (their first store is in Eugene). They have an excellent team, inventory and attitude. Top drawer material.

Done.

Have a good and excellent trip. But if you want to DYI the work you can come by and put it on the lift and use my tools. All you have to do is buy some beverages for the audience. Yes, there is always an audience when someone visits and puts on a "clinic". Just ask Meese.

Cheers!

Ernie A
Milwaukie, OR
Member: MOA, AMA, IBA, NRA, MERA
GS911 & GS911 Wifi - Diagnostics Tools Available
2012 K16GTL (3/2018 to present) 68k (Totaled! 8/11/19 Deer strike)

2013 R1200GSW
> 28k miles!
2002 K12LT Toscana Green - > 241k miles (Sold)
2006 Suzuki DL1000 V Strom Silver/Blk - >21k (Sold)
SS1K (x4),BB,BtoB(<24),BBG, SS3k

post #4 of 4 Old Feb 21st, 2009, 12:05 pm

Thumbs up Re: Will need RT serviced in Portland, Oregon this summer

+1 on Eugene store, they were so nice to me on my Four Corner trip. I bought my extended warranty through them.

Not like the shaft that I got from BMW of Orlando Not even a kiss form them first.

Toby in New York
1983 R80RT Red (sold)
'03 R1200CLC (T-boned and replaced with)
'04 R1200CL Sidestand problem, BMW traded me for
'05 K1200LT. Goldie, Priceless
Lusting after K1600 GTL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in