Alamo BMW- idiots? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 12:29 pm Thread Starter

Alamo BMW- idiots?

For the second time in a row Alamo BMW has given me the incorrect oil filter for my GT. I really want to give them at least some parts business, but if they can't get a simple thing like an oil filter for an '06 GT correct, I just don't trust them for anything else. Make sure if you get ANY part from them that you give them the part number of the item you need. Maybe then they can get it right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 12:42 pm

Re: Alamo BMW- idiots?

Doug,

Zena called there last week to check if they had the bead rider seat covers. They told her they "don't carry that kind of stuff" and pretty much hung up on her.

As she was going to Austin last Saturday, she stopped in and got one for me at Lone Star. Not only did they have that, they had suggestions for restaurants, etc for a birthday she's planning.

Guess how she feels now about our local shop?

Last time I was out there getting oil and filters a gentleman stopped in. From the talk, he must've been a retired judge. All the butt kissing going on stopped me from finishing my business for over five minutes.

rickbnsa

Ain't been back...
post #3 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 2:24 pm
Bouncer

Short answer - Yes they are.

Better answer - Just go to Lone Star.

Too bad Rhine West let Hank go. I hope he opens his own independent shop when he gets back from his long ride.

'04 Sprint RS Caspian Blue

"I am hoping for an asteroid impact to put all this climate change nonsense to bed."
-

post #4 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 2:39 pm Thread Starter

Yeah, I hate that Hank and Rhinewest had a parting of the ways. And after I take this oil filter back, it'll be the last time I go to Alamo BMW.

'99K1200LT - "Bertha" - gone, but not forgotten!
'86 Concours - "Horse with no name" (under reconstructive surgery)
'06 K1200GT - "Road Rocket"
Marshall, Tx

post #5 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 3:40 pm

Doug, you reckon we go to Austin because we like the traffic?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 5th, 2009, 10:56 am

I ditto all of the above. I called them yesterday to try to get an idea of what an 18K service would cost me and sat on hold waiting for service to pick up for almost 5 minutes. Then they came back on the phone and told me no one was there to please call back in the morning. I call back this morning...same thing. Nobody home...ring ring!!

I called Lone Star and was off the phone with the info I needed in less time then I sat on hold at Alamo! I guess they don't need the business. I'll be going to Lone Star.
post #7 of 10 Old Mar 5th, 2009, 1:51 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I know Robert wouldn't wish any harm to his fellow Dealers, but he will appreciate your business and let you know it. Lone Star is a class act.

Hey, Grif, what you mean don't like the traffic?! We're keeping Austin weird with "Car keys for the deaf & blind." Seriously it doesn't seem much different than SA right now.

Benny C. (Central Texas)
2001 LTC Pacific Blue (Babe...the blue ox)
1986 Kawasaki Concours (Connie) sold
post #8 of 10 Old Mar 5th, 2009, 3:57 pm

And SA seriously blows trafficwise, too.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-

Grok
post #9 of 10 Old Mar 5th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind
I ditto all of the above. I called them yesterday to try to get an idea of what an 18K service would cost me and sat on hold waiting for service to pick up for almost 5 minutes. Then they came back on the phone and told me no one was there to please call back in the morning. I call back this morning...same thing. Nobody home...ring ring!!

I called Lone Star and was off the phone with the info I needed in less time then I sat on hold at Alamo! I guess they don't need the business. I'll be going to Lone Star.
Do you still live in Spring Branch? Bit out of the way to head to SA or Austin for service if so eh?

D.Kinsey
Santa Fe, Tx.
15 R1200RT
13 Ducati Panigale Tricolore

12 Ducati Diavel Carbon(SOLD)
08 K1200LT (born 12/19/07)(SOLD)

09 Triumph Sprint ST...RED(SOLD)
00 K1200LT Custom Painted(SOLD)
post #10 of 10 Old Mar 6th, 2009, 12:39 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Kinsey
Do you still live in Spring Branch? Bit out of the way to head to SA or Austin for service if so eh?
David how do you figure?? CLICKY CLICK

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in