Hermy's BMW in Port Colden, Pa. - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 6:02 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Hermy's BMW in Port Colden, Pa.

I am sure that this is not the first post for Hermy's. I had to let all of you know that if you have a problem with the LT that is the dealer to head for. On a recent attempt by myself to adjust the valves I managed to allow the timing to slip. I looked in the Clymer and decided that doing that might be just a bit more than I am able to do for myself. I called Hermy's and was told to bring it in.
Hermy had his mechanic take the big girl back apart to find that I did more than just let the timig slip. The exhaust cam had become damaged and also the sprokets for the chain.
To shorten this story they had me back on the road with the least expense. I was offered used parts if I chose, but the price was not much cheaper than new.
Picked the bike up last night and it runs and sounds better than new.

I am a happy rider once again.

Thanks to Hermy and his crew. I will be doing business with them again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 11:54 am

Re: Hermy's BMW in Port Colden, Pa.

By far the best MC dealer I have ever dealt with. I've bought three bikes now from them the latest a Triumph Sprint ST 1050 this past November. Any service I have had done was at a reasonable price and I have never been overcharge or talked into something I didn't need. You can't beat their loaner bike program ether........just bring it back with a full tank. Can't say enough of good things about the place. If your in the the market for a new or used bike give them a call, they have the best deals going in this area.
Oh, it's Port Clinton not Port Colden.
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 8:55 pm

Hermy's is good to deal with. Great people all around. I ride 2 hours each way to get to them. They also give you honest trade in prices, unlike most dealers! Tom

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 22nd, 2009, 9:27 pm

+1 For Hermys!
post #5 of 9 Old Jun 8th, 2009, 12:58 pm

Talking Re: Hermy's BMW in Port Colden, Pa.

Hermy's is in Port Clinton, PA, I'm new to them, I just bought a 09 1200 RT there. Tom Murray was my sales person, he was great to do business with. I've just had my 600 mile service, I picked the bike up last Saturday, it was a Demo Day at Hermy's the place was a mad house of activity. In spite of all the distractions, Darryl Thompson in service, spent time explaining the details of what was done to the bike. I left feeling I had made a good decision buy from them.
post #6 of 9 Old Jun 11th, 2009, 9:56 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrocks
Hermy's is in Port Clinton, PA, I'm new to them, I just bought a 09 1200 RT there. Tom Murray was my sales person, he was great to do business with. I've just had my 600 mile service, I picked the bike up last Saturday, it was a Demo Day at Hermy's the place was a mad house of activity. In spite of all the distractions, Darryl Thompson in service, spent time explaining the details of what was done to the bike. I left feeling I had made a good decision buy from them.
Wife and I were there also. And yes it was a made house. I bought, and we installed a Z-Technic Windshield right in the parking lot. Hermy himself lent me the tools needed. And he came out to check it out, and see if everything was ok. Tom
post #7 of 9 Old Jun 11th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Thumbs up Re: Hermy's BMW in Port Colden, Pa.

Agree, Hermy and the staff deliver Tons of knowledge ! Techs Carl and Dave have served me well over time. Darrell the service mgr. Top notch. Cris sales mgr great guy no pressure sales. Rob parts dept. top notch as well.
Bottom line they are straight foreword and to the point.

Pete Murray
IBA # 359 and
2014 RT
1973 R75/5
2002 LT 171 K Gone
2008 FJR 36 K Gone
Stroudsburg, PA
post #8 of 9 Old Sep 9th, 2009, 8:07 am

I live on Long Island NY and I very recently bought a 2009 GS at their store. What a great dealership. All went so smooth and easy going. Not like the dealer near my home. My salesman was Tom Murray with an assist from Chris the sales manager and an introduction to Hermy the owner. I highly recommend doing business with this dealer.
post #9 of 9 Old Nov 18th, 2009, 7:51 am

Hermy's in Port Clinton (about 50 minutes from where I've been living the last 11 years) is the best outfit I've ever purchased anything from, not just a motorcycle.

I picked up my new 2009 RT from them 2 1/2 weeks ago and, from start to finish, they went "above and beyond" in making the experience as smooth and easy as possible.

I give them two thumbs up!

Steve
NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4-1-1991)
2011 F800GS - Alpine White
2009 R1200RT - sapphire black metallic (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in