Good dealer near L.A. area airport? - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 10:43 am Thread Starter
SEG

Good dealer near L.A. area airport?

I'm looking for a good BMW dealer near a Los Angeles area airport. Preferably one that will pick me up at the airport or is easy/inexpensive to reach via public transport/taxi. in June, I'm planning on riding the LT from NYC to L.A., leaving the bike for service and returning about 2 weeks later to continue the trip and return travel to NYC. I can't be away from work for such a long period so I need to break up the trip. I'll do super slab all the way from NY to CA for a quick trip out, the wife will accompanying me for the return (and more leisurely) trip back home. My first preference would be a dealer near LAX or alternatively another airport if it's not too small. I'm trying to use frequent flier miles so I'll have more flight options at the larger airports. Appreciate the help from the SoCal riders.
Scott

After a little more research: What about BMW Motorcycles of Ventura County in Newbury Park or BMW of Hollywood in Santa Monica (they're also Honda/multi-brand shop)?

Last edited by SEG; Dec 27th, 2008 at 2:10 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 2:33 pm

Re: Good dealer near L.A. area airport?

If you search the posts, Hollywood BMW doesn't have very good feedback. The closest would then be Long Beach BMW (you can almost walk to the Long Beach Airport from there). I have not had any experience with them, other than buying replacement grips. They wanted to charge me new prices for used grips.

I have had great experiences with Brown BMW and Irv Seaver BMW. Brown is closest to Ontario International Airport, and Irv Seaver is closest to John Wayne (SNA).

Tim Barstow

2004 GSA Silver
2007 X Challenge
post #3 of 7 Old Dec 27th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Brown's BMW is about 10 miles from Ontario International Airport. This airport has flights to everywhere and you'd avoid the LA traffic.

post #4 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2008, 12:26 am

...call Dave Andreoli (951)642-3281 he works for Long Beach BMW (20 South of LAX) I'M sure he will be able to assist

Happy Holiday

Yair
post #5 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2008, 10:39 am
IBR# 366

Garage

Long Beach BMW is probably your best bet. Long Beach airport is very close, with lots of connections from all over the US. It's also about 20 miles from LAX if you need to go that route.

Ventura BMW is a better dealer, but has no large airport nearby. However, we'd be glad to transport you and your wife, and even give you a guest room for the night.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #6 of 7 Old Dec 29th, 2008, 6:41 pm Thread Starter
SEG

Ventura BMW

I called Ventura BMW in Newbury Park and spoke with the parts employee (service shop was not available) regarding a service appointment; I also arranged to leave the LT with the dealer for a week, in late June. I'll fly back to NYC and return with my wife. The dealership will work out great since when returning in early July, we'll be visiting relatives in Ventura, before heading north on Hwy 1 and spending a night in Monterey, then 6 nights in S.F. Thank you for the offer for a ride to the airport; the dealer offered to drop me off at Oxnard airport, for a shuttle to LAX, on 23 June. Any recommendations for an inexpensive hotel near the dealership in Ventura? However, if there's an offer for a place to hang my hat for a night, let me know. I expect to arrive in So. Cal. late afternoon or early evening on 22 June. I'll be making a bee-line from NYC to Newbury Park area; the relaxed ride with the wife will be on the long-way back home. Thanks all for the advice.
Scott
post #7 of 7 Old Jan 7th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Newbury Park is not close to oxnard airport at all..... I think the Santa Barbara air bus makes a stop somewhere in Newbury Park or Thousand Oaks, that would be a bus ride to LAX.

I would fly from New York into Long Beach and have Dave take care of it, great tech.

Bruce - pilot, Belynda - pillion
Oak Park, CA.
'99 K1200LT Champagne, 28,500mi
'04 R1150R Silver, 18,900 mi
'12 R1200RT Beige, 28,400 mi (sold 4/19)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in