Fresno BMW Service Department - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old Nov 18th, 2008, 11:26 am Thread Starter

Fresno BMW Service Department

Has anyone else had bad experiences with this shop?
I purchased My K1200LT in June & have had it in the shop for 8 weeks total (3 times). Not only did the Service Manager not know what he was doing, but he said the bike would not be covered under warranty because I had "modified the intake". By this, he was referring to the K&N air filter installed in the "STOCK" airbox and the pre-filter installed on the intake snorkel! I am not a factory trained BMW technician, but I am pretty sure this does not affect the engine timing. As the bike has had this detonation problem since I purchased it, I am totally disappointed with the BMW experience and Fresno BMW.

Anyone know any good lemon lawyers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old Nov 18th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Thumbs up Re: Fresno BMW Service Department

I've only got praise for Fresno BMW.

In the middle of a 1500 mile trip May of 07 my quick release fittings on my fuel tank started to leak - bad.

I limped into their shop late at night, parked my bike in front of their service door with a note saying I would be back next morning when they opened. I arrived about half an hour after the shop manager got there, and he already had my bike inside on a lift. AHEAD of about 20 other bikes. Not only did they get it fixed in a very short time, there was no charge since BMW had issues with this before.

To top if off they had a detail guy clean my bike of all the fuel that had dripped on it before they handed it back to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #3 of 8 Old Nov 18th, 2008, 12:43 pm

Re: Fresno BMW Service Department

I am also interested in any responses because I live in the Fresno, CA area and have been planning on purchasing a bike during 2009. Any further positive or negative responses would be appreciated.

post #4 of 8 Old Nov 20th, 2008, 10:37 am Thread Starter

Time well spent would be driving to a different dealership.
I wouldn't let Fresno BMW service my mountain bike. My story starts with dropping my bike off at 1100 miles, with a full tank of gas. 1 week later, it was supposedly fixed ( It wasn't) and the fuel light was on. 5 gallons of gas missing, bike still had the problems and all they did was to replace the temp sender (15 minute job). Oh, they were very upset that I did not want the service done there.
post #5 of 8 Old Nov 21st, 2008, 10:08 am

I've had nothing but good service from Fresno BMW. They have done all of my major services over the past 8 years and 85,000 miles on my LT.

Unfortunately, I'm a little remote to join in on some of the group service parties I hear about, cause that would be a big money-saver. The $85 shop rate is a bit steep.

Dan King
2000 K1200LTC
Springville, Ca
post #6 of 8 Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:13 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynoDynge
Time well spent would be driving to a different dealership.
I wouldn't let Fresno BMW service my mountain bike. My story starts with dropping my bike off at 1100 miles, with a full tank of gas. 1 week later, it was supposedly fixed ( It wasn't) and the fuel light was on. 5 gallons of gas missing, bike still had the problems and all they did was to replace the temp sender (15 minute job). Oh, they were very upset that I did not want the service done there.
So you're saying that they stole a full tank of gas?

Seems to me you've got a major hard on for these guys since this is your second negative post - might be time to move on and perhaps find another bike or dealership that can satisfy you. Life is short, shit happens... you can do all the whining you want here but it won't help to get your bike fixed.

I know for a fact that over the years Fresno has been a top notch dealer with MANY satisfied customers. I can't say that about some of the other dealers in California, Phoenix or other areas in the Southwest.

The best dealership I've ever been involved with in my career in the motorcycle business is Iron Horse BMW in Tucson - and as a matter of fact they just won BMW's dealership of the year in customer satisfaction. If they can't fix your issues no one can. Yeah - they're THAT good.

A good excuse for a ride... The high today was 80F.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 8 Old Nov 28th, 2008, 5:59 pm

Garage

I have nothing but good experiences with BMW Fresno and believe me with the k1200GT it has been in more than a few times. I suggest if you have a problem that you contact the owner, Jack Harwood. After all the issues I had , he (not BMW) comp'ed me the 6000m service as goodwill. When I came in for the second airbox replacement he offered me his own K1200GT to ride until my parts came in. The shop rate is a little high, but...
Most of the staff ride and they organize monthly shop rides and sponsor many riders' adventures. They also organize track days.
I am very surprized at this post

-Brian Louw
Arroyo Grande, CA.

2013 K1600GT - Light Grey Metallic
2016 R1200GSA
post #8 of 8 Old Oct 20th, 2009, 3:56 pm Thread Starter

Just a follow up ......
Took the bike to Dynojet (Las Vegas) and had them build a power commander for it.
While they were tuning it, they discovered the TPS wasn't working. It was replaced and all the issues went away! Now the bike runs like it was supposed to.
Wonder why Fresno BMW couldn't find, in 8 weeks, that small of a problem?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in