Gulf Coast Motorcycles - Fort Myers, FL - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Nov 9th, 2008, 6:53 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Gulf Coast Motorcycles - Fort Myers, FL

This dealership has been my "home" since they first opened in 2002. It's the closest thing to hanging out at a riding buddy's house that you can get. Everybody knows everybody else and is on a first name basis. Every Saturday is hot dogs and soda or water along with with great camaraderie and general BS.

I pulled in this past Saturday and was immediately greeted by the service manager and shop foreman. After pleasantries I mentioned I was going in to pick up a quart of oil as I hadn't been very religious (more like extremely lackadaisical) about checking it, and the oil level warning had just appeared in the rider display. The shop foreman told me not to spend my money yet. He wanted to roll the motorcycle into the shop, check the oil level and check for any leaks. Little while later he searches me out in the showroom and says "You were a little low but nothing to be concerned about. You're all topped off. No leaks found.". Didn't cost me a dime and lunch was on them.

This was a minor thing but shows they really went above and beyond. Would've been easy for them to point me to the parts counter for my oil purchase and admonish me for my lack of maintenance checks. Their sales and parts/accessories staff are just as pleasant and attentive as their service department. You can't put a price on this kind of customer service.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Nov 9th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Re: Gulf Coast Motorcycles - Fort Myers, FL

mser,

Good to hear there are still places out there that know the customer is important to their business. Sounds like a great place.

Hope you are enjoying the season. It was 31 - 35 degrees F. in N. Illinois today, and I am very envious.

Regards,

Bil

wild bil
07 K1200LT Biarritz Blau
80 Yamaha XS850 Black - retired in 06

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in