Gina's BMW, Iowa City - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:17 pm Thread Starter

Gina's BMW, Iowa City

They squeezed me in a week ago last Thursday on short notice and managed to get my 60k service done, replace my front tire, trouble shoot and fix my O2 sensor, replace a bad front fork seal, and replace my throttle cables all in one afternoon. Had sometimes three mechanics working on the bike so i could take it that day to Duluth. They were polite, friendly, helpful and apparently quite competent, too. Not a single problem with my LT since then. But one thing for sure, the service is not cheap on these bikes and I will be doing more of my own basic work in the future.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 11:11 pm

Re: Gina's BMW, Iowa City

Good people at Gina's. They are always willing to help and will fit you in during a "pinch".

We are lucky to have a dealer so close, so good.

'10 1200 GSA -- Banana!!
'06 CRF450X -- Just trouble
BMWMOA #132301

post #3 of 10 Old Sep 5th, 2008, 12:16 pm

I really like Gina. She treated me fairly when I bought my bike and has really worked with me since. Great service department, too. Not cheap, but good.

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Ken

post #4 of 10 Old Nov 12th, 2008, 1:49 pm
jsr

I have been very pleased with Gina's. They have done all but 2 of the services on my 2005 LT which now has over 171,000 miles on it. I only do my own 6,000 miles service (in other words oil change and final drive lube change) and let them do everything else. They have also had the privilege of doing 2 damage repair jobs (1 very large jack rabbit did $1,800+ damage and 1 hail and wind storm which also blew the bike over while on centerstand $2,900+ damage).

As far as cost goes, have always felt they have been fair for the level of service I have received. Many times I have come in with my own ideas for a repair and they have offered lower priced options, normally I don't listen as I tend to want the best for my toy. One example would be shocks, was offered factory ones at 1/2 the price of Ohlins, but when I asked what shocks were best was honestly informed the Ohlins which I already knew and was willing to pay the price.

It is nice that they are so close, 550 miles one way, it's a perfect reason to do what these bikes do best, travel. Also with that distance there are many different ways to get there, some longer, some faster, some prettier.

Jeff
Fargo, ND
2005 K1200LT 341,000+
post #5 of 10 Old Nov 12th, 2008, 3:02 pm
BMW Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr

It is nice that they are so close, 550 miles one way, it's a perfect reason to do what these bikes do best, travel. Also with that distance there are many different ways to get there, some longer, some faster, some prettier.
1100 miles round trip for service!!! You've got to be the Customer of the Year

2007 G650 X Challenge
2006 GT200
2005 R1200GS

post #6 of 10 Old Nov 12th, 2008, 7:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr
As far as cost goes, have always felt they have been fair for the level of service I have received.
Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying they were overly expensive, but BMW normal pricing. Great dealer though. Just last weekend I had a BMW Gel Cell Battery that was 7 months old die on me. They handed me a new one and said "Have a nice day." Now you can't beat that!

2006 Magnesium Black Metallic K1200LT
Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders
Ken

post #7 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 6:56 pm

I got a intercom system off of a 2003 K1200LT and was going to put it on my 2003 LT. Well, since I also needed the upgrade of the throttle cable, I decided to check prices. The closest dealer to me is in the Chicago area and I called and asked prices and also about the comsystem install while the bike was apart. Got the run around from Chicagoland, but Mike at Gina's gave me a price right away. I set up an appointment for a friday and rode the 180 miles to Iowa City, (80 miles further than Chitown). My wife and I spent Thursday nite in Iowa City and I took my bike to Gina's early Friday morn. I met Gina when she rode into work that morning. She is a very pleasant person, and more than accomodating. Left the bike and it was done by the end of the day and the price was actually less than quoted. By this time, Gina had introduced me to every person in the shop and treated me like old friends. We stayed Friday nite and were heading to Anamosa, Ia on Saturday. About ten miles from Iowa City, we stopped for lunch and when we came out I noticed grease leaking out of the final drive... oh sh%&! I gave a call back to Mike in service at Gina's. He said they were booked up, but bring it back, carefully...... When I got there Gina had a look of surprise and asked why we were there. I told her, and told her of the schedule in the shop. She went to the shop and talked to Mike and then, knowing we were headed to Anamosa, handed me a set of keys to a new GS. She said have fun, and I'll see you this afternoon. Talk about great treatment. I would recommend them to anyone. It's worth the extra miles... Thanks alot to all at Gina's
post #8 of 10 Old Feb 15th, 2009, 9:06 pm
Cooler on the east coast!!!

Greg good to hear of a positive dealer experience!

G-Glove
2003 Silver LTC
post #9 of 10 Old Feb 18th, 2012, 4:23 pm

Garage

Gina and her crew are probably sick of me at this point, but a hearty +1 to all the comments here. I've yet to purchase a BMW, but when I do (soon) it will be from Gina. They've all been very accommodating to my many questions and test ride requests. I can't wait to give them some of my hard earned cash!
post #10 of 10 Old Apr 16th, 2014, 1:55 am

Gina's BMW is what a dealer should be! They treated me great when I had my K100RT that I bought elsewhere. They actually looked for ways to save me money when they were troubleshooting my starting issue. When it was time to replace the K100, I did not even consider any other place for my next purchase. Stop in if you're in the area, they will take care of you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in