Carolina Euro- Greensboro: Favorite Dealer! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:11 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Carolina Euro- Greensboro: Favorite Dealer!

As you may know, I had a rear main seal failure. I called Carolina Euro after hours on Saturday and got Jason (owner). Explained what happened and where I was, which was the middle of nowhere W. Virginia. After we talked, and I weighed advice/ options, I decided I would get the bike home to NC and to Greensboro. Jason gave me his number and I kept in touch with him on my way home on Sunday. When I arrived at the shop at 6pm, Sunday, Richard (head mech) was waiting for me. He handed me the keys to a K1200GT and assured me they'd take care of my bike. We chatted a bit, traded some war stories, and off the wife and I went. We made it home about 8 pm'ish, 12 hours after we started this amazing and challenging day. That GT is a blast!

Jason and crew at Carolina could have suggested I use my Roadside Assistance and try to get reimbursed for a rental car, but they didn't. Of course, the loaner is open as we don't know how long it will take for parts and repair- Amazing!

This is another reason I will buy any BMW/ Ducati (or whatever else they have in stock that I like/ want) from these guys. I'm noone significant, but they take/ took care of me! I can't say enough about them. Everyone in the business could learn a lesson from them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 9:11 am

Thumbs up Re: Carolina Euro- Greensboro: Favorite Dealer!

Frist of all we're glad you make it back home. Second, we're sorry to hear about the rear seal. Third, Jason and his crew "rock". I purchased my bike from them (3) years ago. They have never serviced my bike, I've done that myself (with help from my friends) but everytime, I've called or stopped by. The crew is always glad to see me or answer any silly question I might have. The bottom line is; if I buy another bike and I'm looking at a dealer. Greensboro, NC is my frist stop. Tk's Jason and the crew for another fine job. I hope you are riding soon and good luck on the repairs. I know Richard will do you right, they always do.

Michael Dale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old Sep 11th, 2008, 5:47 am Thread Starter

Re: Carolina Euro- Greensboro: Favorite Dealer!

Got a call Tuesday, one business week after Carolina Euro of Greensboro started tear-down and ordering of final drive from Germany, final drive has been replaced. However, when test riding Richard said it just didn't feel right somehow. Couldn't quite explain it to me. Rather than give me the bike back and have it possibly fail again, they ordered a new drive shaft. I appreciate that they are being as cautious as they are to ensure it is 100%! Hopefully, it'll be ready in the next day or two!

I'll say it again, these guys are great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in