Ozzie's BMW Does Right! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Jul 26th, 2008, 3:00 pm Thread Starter

Thumbs up Ozzie's BMW Does Right!

Just a quick note of Tks to Ozzie's BMW of Chico, California for saving my bacon on my last ride down there this past week. They not only had the parts I needed (a Fuel Pump as well as Fuel Filter) but they allowed me to do the job myself right there at the dealership where I knew I could get anything I might need to finish changing things!

My situation here was that I had a little more time than money, and I was not holding anyone else up, so I chose to save on the Labor, and they had no problems with letting me do so right in front of their store!

Plus Mike, their Mechanic, was there with helpful tips on replacing the Fuel Pump, which is not something most of us have had to do.

Mike even allowed us to test the old pump once we had removed it from the Tank to see what the problem was before we actually installed the new $300 Pump! And we were able to see the problem right off the bat when we powered it up on the bench: The Pump was spraying fuel out the Pressure Relief Port! Not supposed to do that according to him. And when we did the test again with the new Pump installed, it did not spray anything. Problem found and confirmed! Ya gotta love it when that happens.

I will post more about my problems that led up to Ozzie's great service in the K1200LT Forum a little later here. Weird, to say the least!

It may not be a huge dealer, but they will treat you right. And they just happened to be the closest one to me when the problem occurred, or I probably would have gone to A&S.

Tks again Ozzie!

John

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by AlaskaFish; Jul 26th, 2008 at 3:03 pm. Reason: (Added the Thumbs Up Icon)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Jul 27th, 2008, 3:55 am
IBR# 366

Garage
Re: Ozzie's BMW Does Right!

Ozzie's also helped me out of a jam last year on my GT. My rear tire looked fine at one gas stop, then was on the cords at the next gas stop 3 hours later. I was not looking forward to calling my client and delaying my arrival by a full day.

I knew Ozzie's would be closed since it was a Monday, but I called anyway to see if their answering machine would say when they opened on Tuesday. To my surprise, Ozzie himself answered as he happened to be there showing some friends the shop. He confirmed they had the correct tire in stock and said he'd wait so I could come pick it up. I figured if I had the tire maybe I could get a car shop to mount it, or maybe buy some tire irons somewhere.

When I limped into his shop his mechanic was there, ready to change my tire. He'd called the guy in on his day off to help me out. When I tried to pay, Ozzie just asked for my address and said the office girl would send me a bill later. So I was back on the road in a couple of hours, and still able to finish my ride allowing me to make my work commitment the next day.

A big thumbs up here, too.

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #3 of 4 Old Jul 27th, 2008, 11:55 am

John,
Glad to hear you were taking care of and back on the road. Enjoy the rest of your trip. What are you using for tires now?.

Brian Ley
WA State of mindless sheep
USA where everything is illegal
2007 K1200GT
2010 650GS
2000 k1200LT Sold but not forgotten
BMWOA 119892

post #4 of 4 Old Jul 28th, 2008, 9:43 pm Thread Starter

Well it was really just a short trip down to Sacto area and back in three days Brian, so I am already home, but I still managed to enjoy the visit with my old friend who is on his final legs we believe.

The smoke in Nor Cal was Hell on the ride back up though. Once I crossed over Siskiyou summit the air was clear as could be. Boy was I happy to reach Oregon on this trip!

For tires I am currently running a set of the BT-020 Biased and so far very pleased with them.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaun2
John,
Glad to hear you were taking care of and back on the road. Enjoy the rest of your trip. What are you using for tires now?.

John & Marilyn Fisher
'00 K1200LTC "Katie"
'95 Triumph "Tigger"
'12 Triumph 800XC "Tigger II" (RIP)
'12 Triumph 1200 Explorer "Shadow Tigger"
Hillsboro, Oregon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in