BMW shops, Ft Myers BMW - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 2:24 pm Thread Starter

BMW shops, Ft Myers BMW

My center stand was working intermittently (Center Stand thread). Just got done pulling the motor apart and sure enough, corrosion. Cleaned it all up and it works.
Do any BMW shops actually "work" on bike problems? I have dealt with three and good luck with two shops but BMW of Ft. Myers can't seem to be able to figure out anything other than "it needs to be replaced". I took a radio problem to them, Amp was bad, and they could not figure out what was wrong. That was while it was still under the BMW warranty. I went to Daytona BMW with a rear main seal leak after warranty was up, had Pinnacle extended coverage warranty in place, and they figured out what was wrong with the radio also and fixed both. Center stand problem at Ft. Myers BMW, answer is its bad, replace whole thing, over $1000. I had my bike in for a 48,000 mile check, ABS check, brake bleed, and coolant system flush. I spent some money on routine checks. Turns out its just a corrosion problem in the motor. Actuator is fine.
I am done with BMW of Fort Myers and will drive to Haps in Sarasota and give them a shot. I rode HD and other bikes for many years and I'm just use to shops actually trying to help a customer fix a problem.
Does anyone know of a shop that will "look" for a problem?
Sorry all, just had to vent.

Greg and Melanie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

06 BMW K12LT "WANDRR"
05 DL1000 "WNDRR2"
02 Triumph Trophy 1200 "WNDRR3", in Heidelburg

WANDRR Motorcycle Tours
wandrrmotorcycletours.com
BMWMOA, BMWMOAL, IBA, MTF

ITS ALL ABOUT THE RIDE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 4:20 pm

Re: BMW shops, Ft Myers BMW

Come to Tallahassee, to Miller BMW and I will introduce you to the owner and the crew............I work there part-time and help out. So whatever you need let me know and I will get R done.

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 5th, 2009, 10:36 am

Re: BMW shops, Ft Myers BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWWANDRR
My center stand was working intermittently (Center Stand thread). Just got done pulling the motor apart and sure enough, corrosion. Cleaned it all up and it works.
Do any BMW shops actually "work" on bike problems? I have dealt with three and good luck with two shops but BMW of Ft. Myers can't seem to be able to figure out anything other than "it needs to be replaced". I took a radio problem to them, Amp was bad, and they could not figure out what was wrong. That was while it was still under the BMW warranty. I went to Daytona BMW with a rear main seal leak after warranty was up, had Pinnacle extended coverage warranty in place, and they figured out what was wrong with the radio also and fixed both. Center stand problem at Ft. Myers BMW, answer is its bad, replace whole thing, over $1000. I had my bike in for a 48,000 mile check, ABS check, brake bleed, and coolant system flush. I spent some money on routine checks. Turns out its just a corrosion problem in the motor. Actuator is fine.
I am done with BMW of Fort Myers and will drive to Haps in Sarasota and give them a shot. I rode HD and other bikes for many years and I'm just use to shops actually trying to help a customer fix a problem.
Does anyone know of a shop that will "look" for a problem?
Sorry all, just had to vent.
Sorry to hear of your experiance, Ft. Myers BMW has done OK with me but I am able to diagnose much before I get service. Sean is a top knotch certified BMW tech and usually has the answers. Electronic like radio and such are many dealers weakness.
I know the centerstand is not repairable and sold as a complete assembly, so corrosion in the motor and brushes would be difficult and time consuming to repair. I know because while out west I rigged mine to work until we returned for warranty repair. Kevin had the part waiting for my return and replaced assembly in one hour.
Owners Ed and Jeff are good folks. Sorry for your bad experiance.

2013 BMW Damask Red K1600GTL
2014 BMW K1600GTL-E EXCLUSIVE
2001 Honda C-250 Helix
SOLD 2006 BMW K-1200LT "The Manatee"

Smokin'

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in