Budd's BMW in Oakville, Ontario - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jul 3rd, 2008, 8:57 am Thread Starter

Talking Budd's BMW in Oakville, Ontario

I want every BMW Motorcycle owner in the Greater Toronto Area to know what a truly remarkable team of service professionals they have at Budd's BMW Motorrad in Oakville, Ontario.

After experiencing two breakdowns on my R1200RT (requiring use of the Roadside Assistance) I was beginning to lose faith in my bike. I have owned dozens of bikes before this one and had not experienced any issues.

It began about two months ago, when I had stopped my bike for a few minutes one evening. I tried to restart it and it backfired badly, dislodging the fuel injector boot. Needless to say, I was unable to ride it after that.

Roadside Assistance arrived within 15 minutes of my call and brought the bike back to Budd's for service.

The next morning, I received a call from John Parker BMW Master Technician and we discussed the problem I had. There was no clear indication if what the issue was or could be, so John checked everything out, did a firmware update on the bike's computer, re-installed the dislodged boot and sent me on my way...I was happy with the service.

Two weeks ago, I was heading up North to enjoy some time at the cottage. I packed up the bike, and took off. 100 KM into the trip, I stopped to have a drink of water at a local plaza for about 5 minutes. I tried to re-start the bike and she wouldn't start. Being stranded was not making me too happy at that point I can assure you. I tried several times to re-start, to no avail. After about an hour, I decided to call roadside assistance. While I was on hold with them, I tried to restart the bike and vroom! she roared to life again! I cancelled the roadside assistance and went merrily on my way.

Over the course of the next three days, I experienced the same thing several times. Ride, stop, no start, wait 20 mins and go again. Long story short, I got home safely thinking my troubles were over as the issue went away...well for a couple of days anyway...

July 1 (Canada Day) I decided to hook up with a buddy of mine and head down to Niagara Falls for the day. Enjoying a perfect ride through wine country taking in the scenery, we decide to stop and rest for a few minutes.

Well, that rest did it. I got on the bike and tried to start it and nothing. It would turn over, but would not run (as before). We waited for over an hour and tried again and nothing. OK, well looks like my luck just ran out. I called Roadside again and they said it could be 2 hours before I could get a flatbed to take the bike back to the dealer. 20 minutes later they arrive, we load the bike up and head to the dealer and drop off the bike at the service door as they were closed.

Next morning, John Parker called and told me he would look at it right away. An hour later, John calls back and says he has good news and bad news. "The good news is that we found the problem" It appears that somehow, water had entered area under the tupperware around the fuel tank and severely corroded the fuel pump connection causing intermittent failure ( which I suspect was related to the first problem I had). The bad news was that the part I needed was not in stock in Canada, so they would try and source one from the U.S.

Two hours go by and the phone rings again..."It's John from Budd's...I got to thinking about your experience and I spoke to Todd Humber (the Motorrad Sales Manager) and we decided that make sure you are a happy customer, we decided to scavenge the parts you need from a brand new bike on the showroom floor" "I am also going to replace your ring antenna (EWS recall) and we should also do your 10,000Km service. Your bike will be ready in a couple of hours"

I was completely floored!! These guys are real professionals!! They turned a bad experience into a wonderful experience. John and Todd, Thanks so much for your expert attention!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old May 21st, 2010, 11:58 pm

Re: Budd's BMW in Oakville, Ontario

Real good to hear... I live in Windsor and travel all over Ontario and it"s nice to here there is good realers to take good care of us when we need them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2 Ride video"s

IBA 53744
BMW J&M CB
Sirius/XM Radio
Hyper-Lights
IBA 53744
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
Albert Einstein.

A Twist of the Wrist is all that's needed.....
post #3 of 3 Old Oct 7th, 2010, 6:54 pm

Re: Budd's BMW in Oakville, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTTommy
I want every BMW Motorcycle owner in the Greater Toronto Area to know what a truly remarkable team of service professionals they have at Budd's BMW Motorrad in Oakville, Ontario.

After experiencing two breakdowns on my R1200RT (requiring use of the Roadside Assistance) I was beginning to lose faith in my bike. I have owned dozens of bikes before this one and had not experienced any issues.

It began about two months ago, when I had stopped my bike for a few minutes one evening. I tried to restart it and it backfired badly, dislodging the fuel injector boot. Needless to say, I was unable to ride it after that.

Roadside Assistance arrived within 15 minutes of my call and brought the bike back to Budd's for service.

The next morning, I received a call from John Parker BMW Master Technician and we discussed the problem I had. There was no clear indication if what the issue was or could be, so John checked everything out, did a firmware update on the bike's computer, re-installed the dislodged boot and sent me on my way...I was happy with the service.

Two weeks ago, I was heading up North to enjoy some time at the cottage. I packed up the bike, and took off. 100 KM into the trip, I stopped to have a drink of water at a local plaza for about 5 minutes. I tried to re-start the bike and she wouldn't start. Being stranded was not making me too happy at that point I can assure you. I tried several times to re-start, to no avail. After about an hour, I decided to call roadside assistance. While I was on hold with them, I tried to restart the bike and vroom! she roared to life again! I cancelled the roadside assistance and went merrily on my way.

Over the course of the next three days, I experienced the same thing several times. Ride, stop, no start, wait 20 mins and go again. Long story short, I got home safely thinking my troubles were over as the issue went away...well for a couple of days anyway...

July 1 (Canada Day) I decided to hook up with a buddy of mine and head down to Niagara Falls for the day. Enjoying a perfect ride through wine country taking in the scenery, we decide to stop and rest for a few minutes.

Well, that rest did it. I got on the bike and tried to start it and nothing. It would turn over, but would not run (as before). We waited for over an hour and tried again and nothing. OK, well looks like my luck just ran out. I called Roadside again and they said it could be 2 hours before I could get a flatbed to take the bike back to the dealer. 20 minutes later they arrive, we load the bike up and head to the dealer and drop off the bike at the service door as they were closed.

Next morning, John Parker called and told me he would look at it right away. An hour later, John calls back and says he has good news and bad news. "The good news is that we found the problem" It appears that somehow, water had entered area under the tupperware around the fuel tank and severely corroded the fuel pump connection causing intermittent failure ( which I suspect was related to the first problem I had). The bad news was that the part I needed was not in stock in Canada, so they would try and source one from the U.S.

Two hours go by and the phone rings again..."It's John from Budd's...I got to thinking about your experience and I spoke to Todd Humber (the Motorrad Sales Manager) and we decided that make sure you are a happy customer, we decided to scavenge the parts you need from a brand new bike on the showroom floor" "I am also going to replace your ring antenna (EWS recall) and we should also do your 10,000Km service. Your bike will be ready in a couple of hours"

I was completely floored!! These guys are real professionals!! They turned a bad experience into a wonderful experience. John and Todd, Thanks so much for your expert attention!!
In my experience over the past 5 years, John Parker and his team are the very best BMW Motorrad service team in the Golden Horseshoe/GTA bar none! There is no one more professional or more honest in the business.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in