Engle in KC - Terrific - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jun 24th, 2008, 7:58 am Thread Starter

Thumbs up Engle in KC - Terrific

My first post, my first BMW.
After looking locally (Western Iowa) I pulled some bike listings and took the wife to KC for the day.

First and last stop was at Engle. Bought a '00 R 1100 RT. They made me feel like I was buying a brand new bike. Soooo accomodating and informative. There were also some other owners milling around that were great to bounce additional questions.

I'm still waiting in regards to a "phantom" top case that is supposed to come with the bike, I'll let you know how all of that works out.

Never had a better buying experience at any dealership. I'm coming from the V-twin asian cruisers as former bikes.

Thanks Engle!

Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jun 24th, 2008, 8:41 pm

Re: Engle in KC - Terrific

I drove 5 hours to have Engles do my 48k service. Loved the way I was treated, loved the service work done there. Would highly recommend them to anyone. Definitely more user friendly than the local BMW place in Iowa City.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 k1200LT Basalt Grey (Roxie)
BMWMOA Number: 134717
I have a great doctor, if you can't afford the surgery, he'll touch up the xrays -- Henny Youngman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Jun 25th, 2008, 2:32 am

Yup. Engle Motors is great.

And their top mechanic is excellent. (Bob)

I throw them as much business as I can afford to make sure they stay around. I am not sure what'll happen when Norman passes away. Hopefully they'll continue.

They are the best dealership I've run across - regardless of brand.

And test rides are easy - new or used. They put the bike on the street and show you the controls and say have fun. (I did leave my wife as collateral, though.)

post #4 of 9 Old Jun 25th, 2008, 7:07 am

Since there is no dealer in Kansas these days I may just try those guys out. It won't be long and mine will need the 48,000 mile service. What did yours cost?
post #5 of 9 Old Jun 25th, 2008, 1:15 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATFLT
Since there is no dealer in Kansas these days I may just try those guys out. It won't be long and mine will need the 48,000 mile service. What did yours cost?
I bought mine used obviously, and the 48,000 service was done before the bike was available for purchase. I'd be interested to know how much that would cost for my own curiousity.

Tom
post #6 of 9 Old Jul 13th, 2008, 9:52 am Thread Starter

Re: Engle in KC - Terrific UPDATE 7-13-08

Givi top case was waiting for me this past Friday via UPS. I also asked for a copy of the service ticket which was also supplied.

These guys have made good on every one of their promises which is an absolute first for me with a dealer, car or bike.

Unbelievable.

I'm equally surprised and impressed.

Thanks Engle!
post #7 of 9 Old Jul 13th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsteinborn
Yup. Engle Motors is great.

And their top mechanic is excellent. (Bob)

I throw them as much business as I can afford to make sure they stay around. I am not sure what'll happen when Norman passes away. Hopefully they'll continue.

They are the best dealership I've run across - regardless of brand.

And test rides are easy - new or used. They put the bike on the street and show you the controls and say have fun. (I did leave my wife as collateral, though.)
Engle Motors has been at the same location for over 50 years. They're getting ready to renovate the building again. This time they'll have separate buildings for BMW and Triumph.

After Norman steps down I think you'll see them continue as strong as ever. It's really a family affair -- Norm's wife Bobbie and daughter-in-law run the business office, his son Mike heads up the service department and his grandson Adam runs the parts department. They have all been an important part of Engle's success for a long time. I'm confidant they'll continue Engle's reputation of excellent and friendly service.

With so few BMW dealerships around we're (Kansas City) lucky to have them.

Bruce Hodges
post #8 of 9 Old Jul 14th, 2008, 9:55 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce2000ltc
...They're getting ready to renovate the building again. ...
No kidding. I went down around to the service doors and it was all dug up.
They took care of me but it'll be crowded for a while.
post #9 of 9 Old Jul 15th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Thumbs up Re: Engle in KC - Terrific

I too am very happy doing business with Engel's in Kansas City and I didn't even buy my LT from them. Stopped by on my "new to me" LT after buying it at a HD place and they(both service and sales folks) CLUED me in on the do's and do not's on the LT. I was really impressed with their help. I continue to support them as much as I can.

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in