BMW of South Houston, College St - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 9th, 2008, 6:09 pm Thread Starter

BMW of South Houston, College St

First off I don't know how many dealerships still fix tires and in a perfect world I could afford to replace a tire with plenty of tread left on it after picking up a small nail, but don't go to BMW of South Houston expecting to get it fixed.
Last week in my daily travels about Houston I picked up a small nail and went where I bought my bike new at in 2000 where they in the past and had fixed a nail hole and was informed
"We no longer fix tires but we will be happy to sell you a new one". Not having the cost of a new tire in the budget I said since when, that I had had one patched in the past here. We don't patch them anymore, but you can take it to Discount Motorcycle Tires of Pasadena they still do.
I was pretty pissed, and I sorta understand the pitfalls of running a patched tire, but it still had plenty of tread on it, moneys tight and I have never had a problem with a patched tire in the past
I have had a crappy experience with Discount Motorcycle Tire in Pasadena in the past and was not eager to go and be screwed over by them again, but with no other options off I went. I took the rear tire off the bike and carried it in and was told one price, got it fixed then they started trying to up the price.
was told it had two nails in it, 8 bucks a plug and then there is the labor about 33 dollars to machine un mount and re mount the tire and they said they rebalanced it. When I complained I thought I was getting gouged on the labor I was told well we will sell you a new one and then they did not want to put 48 psi in it for me. I was told it had the correct air pressure in it and was told my air gauge was bad. Turns out it was the tire guys air gauge when checked against another shop gauge. I left with 47 psi.
I am going to buy a mushroom tire plug repair kit and will no longer support my dealer by buying anything there. There is a shop here on the South West Frwy. that I hear is pretty good and I might even try Lone Star BMW out.
I have spent money there in the past to support my local dealer even when I could have saved a couple of bucks getting what I needed off the net
I got a snotty impression that that I have never gotten there this time.
So long Cliff and crew and when I get ready to buy my next bike it won't be there!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 9th, 2008, 8:32 pm
Gold Supporter

Re: BMW of South Houston, College St

Coot,

None of the dealerships you named as your future money takers will patch a tire either. I don't know of any (I am sure there may be one, but I am just saying I don't know of any) that will patch a tire, due to the liability issues.

Pretty soon you are going to run out of dealers to buy from.

Jerry
Look in the wolf's eyes and what do you see--A guardian spirit or fierce enemy?
2008 FLHTCU White Pearl

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 11:31 am Thread Starter

Well I guess it's time to invest in some tire irons, patches, rim protectors, glue and mushroom plugs. Times have changed, thanks for the feed back.

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 10th, 2008, 12:04 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot
Well I guess it's time to invest in some tire irons, patches, rim protectors, glue and mushroom plugs. Times have changed, thanks for the feed back.
I agree with Jerry. I haven't heard of anyone willing to patch tires. That's one of the reasons I invested in a tire changer and balancer. I'm north of Sugarland. I patched my almost new rear tire a few weeks ago with a mushroom plug from Stop-n-Go. If it happens again,come on over and I will help you fix it.

dan
post #5 of 5 Old Jun 11th, 2008, 5:41 pm Thread Starter

Thanks Dan!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in