6Likes
  • 3 Post By LAF
  • 3 Post By Sponserv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Oct 7th, 2017, 5:42 pm Thread Starter
LAF
Lifetime Supporter

Hermy"s Port Clinton, PA

Had the BEST dealer experience of my life today.

We were out for a ride and ended up stopping in just to see what was going on.

Well first the place was redone and is just beautiful! BMW and Triumph shall never meet. The made the building so one of the brands was on each end and various areas in between. Just a really nice setup.

So anyway my bike is a 15. It has not had a computer hooked to it since the 600 mile back in 15.

So I ask Service hey how much would you charge me to update my bike. He quoted me a price I just could not believe it was so nice. So my next question is well can you do it for me now. He says yea we will do it for you.

So they updated my bike from all 15 software to all 17 software. All 9 modules needed updated. They then took it out to do the transmission relearn and gave me the print out of updates and my very reasonable bill.

If you want a honest, courteous, well educated service and sales see these guys for sure. I will drive the distance no matter what work I need from this day forward.

You can find them here:
https://hermys.com/
mtrevelino, Dick and PadG like this.

Lee
17.5 R1200 GSW Black Low
15 R1200 RTLC San Marino Blue Metallic (Sold)
10 Liquid Silver FJR1300 (Sold)
O7 Biarritz Blue Metallic LT (Totaled 2010)
ATGATT I am breathing proof.
BMW MOA #135959
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Oct 7th, 2017, 7:45 pm

Re: Hermy"s Port Clinton, PA

Lee - did the dealer tell you what the software updates did? Can you tell any differences with the running/operation of the bike?
post #3 of 4 Old Oct 7th, 2017, 9:31 pm

Lol. My lengthy letter to Hermys management last week started the same way. The BEST dealership experience of my life.

I bought a 2018 RT from them last week and it was almost surreal how well I was treated.

These guys are the best. Period.
Dick, LAF and kbob12 like this.

post #4 of 4 Old Oct 8th, 2017, 7:56 am

I can second Hermy's accolades. I bought my 2011 R1200RT in January of 20013 from Hermy's. Not sure the salesman is still there but I think his name was Tom? Anyway, the reason this story is a little unusual is, that as I recall, on the day I picked up the bike there was a foot of snow on the ground and the temp was around 20 degrees. To further complicate the occasion, I live in Florida! So, how did all this happen? Well, I was shopping for a new bike, specifically an RT, having just sold my 2005 LT and stumbled across this very low mileage bike while surfing the internet. After contacting Hermy's and requesting and receiving additional photos and service history we did the dealer/customer dance via telephone and arrived at a final sales price. The price was more than fair and I assume may have been influences by the fact that bike sales in PA in January are a bit slow! I forwarded them my deposit, hitched up my enclosed cargo trailer to the Ford F150 4X4, loaded the luggage, the wife, and dog and drove up to PA. Oh yea, it doesn't hurt that we have family that lives about 50 north of Harrisburg. Anyway, the day after arriving in PA we drove down to Hermy's to pick up the bike. When we arrived they had the bike staged and ready to go with a fresh service. Every one at the dealership was extremely accommodating and more than happy to answer all my questions and give me a full introduction to all the features on the bike. They threw in a couple of shirts and hats for my wife an I and loaded and tied down the bike. Probably one of the best bike purchasing experiences I've had in my 50+ years of bike ownership. The only think missing from this adventure was the TEST RIDE! Too much ice and snow on the road!

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in