TagSport Pimped My Ride! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Aug 5th, 2006, 10:53 am Thread Starter

TagSport Pimped My Ride!

I have recently sold my 2003 Goldwing and have been lurking this site and the ST sites looking for help in making a decision between the RT and the ST. While I have known and loved the reliability of the Hondas, I admit that I have lusted after the RT since the 1100 days. The arguments extolling the benefits and shortcomings of each bike are pretty well documented and for me to ponder. While price is always an issue with beemers, I was willing to absorb that if it in fact rode as well as the RT riders have stated. A test ride was needed on both makes.

Closest dealer to me is TagSport in Geneva Illinois. Last weekend I took the 20 minute drive to the dealer early in the morning. Place was pretty slow. More staff than customers by a longshot. Spoke to a salesman, Kent, who seemed friendly and knowledgeable. After some discussion I asked about a test ride. He explained that they needed some advance notice to set it up and that they were too busy to do it that day, but that I should call during the week to schedule a ride for another day. Okay, I reluctantly accepted that as reasonable. I took him at his word.

I left TagSport and went to DGY Honda. They were swamped. Asked salesman Vince if I could test ride an ST. Sure thing! They wheeled one of the floor and got me out right away! Good customer experience!

I called TagSport this week and set up a ride for today. Left my number. "No problem, bring your gear, we'll set you up.", Kent said. Showed up early, eager. Place is again not busy. Ask for Kent and he comes out and says, " it seems we have an issue that came up yesterday. BMW is doing a demo audit and we are at the mileage limit on all our demos." I asked why he didn't call me and he looked sheepish and said he wasn't sure if I checked my voice mail at work on weekends. Bottom line, another Saturday no ride on an RT. They pimped me!

When I returned home there was a message from Vince at DGY Honda asking how my RT test ride went; did I want to test ride the ST one more time?

Well I haven't made my final decision but I have to tell you. I never would have thought that the BMW dealer would be that "scummy" and boneheaded. Now I know I have read all the posts about BMW dealers and their poor marketing skills, but I have read the same about Honda's. But my Honda dealers have always been great. I have three within 15 minutes of home. Now I have to decide if I want to go the next closest BMW dealer, about 45 minutes away, and start the test ride request all over. Or just accept the fact that this is an omen of what my BMW experience might be and alternately, that Mother Honda really wants me.

Decisions are seldom easy, particularly when the obvious is not what you initially wanted.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Ride Safe.

Mike
Wheaton, Il
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:23 am

rt ride

Chicago BMW is really good about test rides. a bit of a haul but thats where I ended up.
I also got Tagsport demo ride . had to set it up but worked out . unfortunately couldn't come to a good price with them and bought from Chicago.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in