1st timer - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Jan 28th, 2007, 10:25 am Thread Starter

Talking 1st timer

What can we expect at the banquets? Is it the first and last night of the event? Are the meals covered in the registration? I assume there are suggested scenic ride routes given out at the event. Are the vendors set up somewhere near or inside the hotel? Thanks and look forward to meeting as many as possible fellow Beemers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Jan 28th, 2007, 11:45 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethy
What can we expect at the banquets?
Food! Hanging with friends and having a little fun usually happens, too.

Quote:
Is it the first and last night of the event?
There is a reception the first night (Tuesday), a buffet-style dinner with entertainment Thursday night, and then the last night (Friday) is the sit-down banquet with some speeches, presentations, raffle drawing, announcement of next year's venue, etc.

Quote:
Are the meals covered in the registration?
The three above are. You gotta feed yourself the rest of the time.

Quote:
I assume there are suggested scenic ride routes given out at the event.
This has occurred in the past, and I expect it will this year as well. I've helped out with this creating Mapsource, MS Streets & Trips, and PDF versions of the ride routes so folks can pick a format that suits them. These will be coming later (Spring or Summer), just watch here for updates.

Quote:
Are the vendors set up somewhere near or inside the hotel?
Yes, we have vendors inside and outside the host hotel. So finding ways to empty your wallet and farkle your bike won't be a problem.

Quote:
Thanks and look forward to meeting as many as possible fellow Beemers.
Hey, thanks for coming, we're glad you can join us! They told you the new guy buys the first round, right?

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Jan 28th, 2007, 12:15 pm

Uh, David..... you forgot to add:

WE'RE GIVING AWAY A MOTORCYCLE!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

-=grif=-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Grok

post #4 of 9 Old Jan 28th, 2007, 3:44 pm

GIVING AWAY A MOTORCYCLE?!? YOU MEAN IF I GO I GET A MOTORCYCLE?! Tell me more!

EXCELSIOR !!!

----- Barrett
Free at last!

Austin & Crystal Beach TX, Drummond, WI

CCRs - Hot Springs '01, Santa Fe '02, Breckenridge '04, Jackson '05, Braselton '06, Osage Beach '07, Midway '08, Black Hills '09, Killington '10, Boise '11, Duluth '12, Bend '13, Chattanooga in '14, and Coeur d'Alene in 2015.
post #5 of 9 Old Jan 28th, 2007, 6:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifscoots
Uh, David..... you forgot to add:

WE'RE GIVING AWAY A MOTORCYCLE!!
Oh... Yeah.... That, too.

David Taylor
San Jose, CA
2010 R1200RT Polar Metallic
AMA, BMWMOA
Booze Brother #4

The shortest distance between two points is for people who don't ride!

post #6 of 9 Old Jan 28th, 2007, 6:47 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Question 1st timer too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethy
What can we expect at the banquets? Is it the first and last night of the event? Are the meals covered in the registration? I assume there are suggested scenic ride routes given out at the event. Are the vendors set up somewhere near or inside the hotel? Thanks and look forward to meeting as many as possible fellow Beemers.

Is it August yet???

What's the "Merchandise Desk" used for? There is nothing about it on the site yet. It's blank. Is it things that the Vendor's won't be selling?
Vern

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====
post #7 of 9 Old Jan 28th, 2007, 7:34 pm
Cat Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepick578
GIVING AWAY A MOTORCYCLE?!? YOU MEAN IF I GO I GET A MOTORCYCLE?! Tell me more!
Nah, Thats mine! Didn't I tell you *I* am going to win the bike?

Andreas Pleschutznig
'14 GSAW soon:

Still in search of Occam's razor to cut a Gordian knot.
post #8 of 9 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 7:27 pm

There will be t-shirts, polos, hats and other items with this year's logo on them You probably won't see what will be available until June time frame. The June time frame is just a guess on my part.

On His Ride,
Steve
-
KA5MTE
'02 LTE - Red-blooded Dragonfly
'00 Unigo - Dragon's Egg
'01 LTC - Flying Purple People Eater (Ya gotta be old enough to understand)(RIP)
'00 LTC - Canyon Red Rover (RIP)

Have you
bmwlt.com lately????

"To not know me is to lose nothing, to not know Him is to lose everything."
post #9 of 9 Old Jan 29th, 2007, 7:48 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Thanks,,,the name "Merchandise Desk" fooled me. Why not call it 2007 CCR items desk.

I'm a pretty simple minded fellow.

====
Bought used K1200LT number 3. This one is green/teal with 31,369(now 7/29/2018 54,143) miles and is an '02. The first 2 bikes made it to near 150,000 miles.

Due to heart health, the Dr says not to ride under 40 degree air temp. Ugh! Now it is harder to get my 18000 miles a year in just in the summer. Guess that stopped my 20 degree rides now.

78 years young!
04 Honda Reflex.....Hers (it mostly sits)
Converted HD rider.
Love this LT bike and still waiting for my first speeding ticket. LOL
Vern

=====

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in