2016 charity - BMW Luxury Touring Community
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By lanugo
  • 1 Post By docedkin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Jan 5th, 2016, 8:46 pm Thread Starter
King of the Castle

2016 charity

Greetings from your 2016 chairman. I'm very proud to announce the 2016 CCR charity. It's the Village project in Seaside CA. Their website is thevillageprojectinc.org. I have selected them from several charities in the Monterey area. From their website you can see that they serve a variety of diverse needs in the region. They have indicated to me that they would use the donation from us to help fund their after school programs for at-risk kids. They are funded by the state for some of their other programs, but the after school programs are funded entirely by donations. They are currently working out of an old building and have some decrepit playground equipment and would like to use our donation to buy new equipment for the kids. I will be visiting the charity in March and will upload some pictures to this website. If you have questions about the charity don't hesitate to PM me or call the charity directly as the managing director, Mel Mason, has told me he would be happy to talk to any of you. He, and everyone in the organization is excited about working with us. Their number is 831-392-1500. I look forward to seeing all of you in Monterey and hope to serve you well as chairman.
docedkin, jimbobmw and zippy_gg like this.

Bruce

2012 Kawasaki Concours
2014 BMW K1600 GTL Exclusive
2006 Harley Road Glide

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by katnapinn; Jan 6th, 2016 at 6:36 am. Reason: added web site link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Aug 27th, 2016, 7:37 pm

Re: 2016 charity

Before the BoD determined that the '16 CCR would be canceled, we reached out to the MOA in an effort to broaden our charity mission. The MOA Foundation has a special program for young riders called Camp Gears. This three day activity emphasizes rider safety and skills development and runs during the MOA national rally for around twenty boys and girls new to motorcycling. In the view of the CCR BoD, support for Camp Gears meets our constitutional goals and additionally provides CCR with some public relation benefits within the greater BMW community. To that end, at this year's national rally, in the name of CCR, Tom Gary and I presented the MOA Foundation's Camp Gears with a $1000 donation. As we go forward with planning for 2017 and beyond, and as efforts are made to make the organization and logistics of CCR more manageable, Camp Gears or some similar national charity may become our stated charity focus. Kids, rider education, motorcycle skills development. . . good mix and spot on with our stated mission! Attached is a letter from the MOA Foundation:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img039.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	114825  
zippy_gg likes this.

Wayne 'Doc' Edkin, Blossvale, NY
CCR Director, (Chairman: 2014, 2015, 2017)
'16 R1200RLC, '09R1200GSw/'16 CSM Sidecar, '05 K1200LTw/'09 Hannigan Sidecar, '74 R60/6 { '99 K1200LT (traded @ 62K}.

2000 First LT Gathering at The Gondola. CCRs: 2003 Gatlinburg, 2004 Breckenridge, 2005 Jackson Hole, 2006 Braselton, 2007 Osage Beach, 2008 Midway, 2010 Killington, 2011 Boise, 2012 Duluth, 2013 Bend, 2014 Chattanooga, and finally 2015 Coeur d'Alene.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by docedkin; Aug 27th, 2016 at 8:07 pm.
post #3 of 3 Old Aug 29th, 2016, 5:27 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: 2016 charity

Quote:
Originally Posted by docedkin View Post
Before the BoD determined that the '16 CCR would be canceled, we reached out to the MOA in an effort to broaden our charity mission. The MOA Foundation has a special program for young riders called Camp Gears. This three day activity emphasizes rider safety and skills development and runs during the MOA national rally for around twenty boys and girls new to motorcycling. In the view of the CCR BoD, support for Camp Gears meets our constitutional goals and additionally provides CCR with some public relation benefits within the greater BMW community. To that end, at this year's national rally, in the name of CCR, Tom Gary and I presented the MOA Foundation's Camp Gears with a $1000 donation. As we go forward with planning for 2017 and beyond, and as efforts are made to make the organization and logistics of CCR more manageable, Camp Gears or some similar national charity may become our stated charity focus. Kids, rider education, motorcycle skills development. . . good mix and spot on with our stated mission! Attached is a letter from the MOA Foundation:
This is something I can get behind Doc. Kudos to the BOD for this action. Since in tomorrow would have been the "new" day (as apposed ti Friday at the banquet) to announce next years CCR......

Well any word?

Stevie Shreeve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in