service/maintenance stamps in book - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old Apr 17th, 2014, 9:24 am Thread Starter

service/maintenance stamps in book

I did a post on DATABASE earlier on whether or not any bmw dealer could tell me what another bmw dealer had done to the bike so I thought I would ask my local dealer what the had been done to my bike from the dealer I bought it from and had last worked on it but he could not....so for some reason I looked at my service book to make sure what I thought was correct and I noticed the stamps aren't what I thought....when I bought the bike it had 12,800 miles on it so I looked for the stamp of 600,6000 and 120000 miles...on closer look the first stamp is a pre delivery check the second is a 625 mile check with the wheel circuit and control circuit saying no (as in not done i assume) there isn't a 6000 mile stamp and the 12000 miles stamp is checked under bmw inspection. the bmw annual and service box is not checked. also in that same area is hand written tranny and final drive...on a side note they were givin me abit of trade-in grief about doin my own 48000 mile service on my own bike so when I said does the one im buying have it all done he said yes.....as an after thought I it seemed he said that sheepishly.....oddly enough the 12000 mile service was done on 4/11/13 and I bought the bike on 4/10/14( just seemed weird it was almost to the day) ...I hope he didn't just stamp the dam book after I asked about it.....I have to have rotors replaced where I got it from...im goin to the parts guy with my vin and see what what work was done there...he better no...anyway I got a 3 year unlimited all labor and parts warranty.....this bike is so freakin clean im guessing this guy did his own work so im not real worried about it....when he traded in this bike he also traded in a gt with 9000 miles on it..he owned 3 bmw's at the same time the dealer said

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Apr 17th, 2014, 9:42 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Re: service/maintenance stamps in book

I do not keep the book on my bike & my dealer has never stamped them either. I've done all my own serves except the 600 mile (dealer did it free) & 18K valve check with brake fluid flush. I have all my receipts for parts (oil & air filters from dealer) & services done by dealer plus receipts for parts bought from aftermarket suppliers. As long as you have all documents you are covered in case anything happens.

Stevie Shreeve
post #3 of 3 Old Apr 19th, 2014, 8:06 am

Re: service/maintenance stamps in book

My dealer has never stamped mine, not even when new, but they do have all the records in their computer of what was done, the date, the mileage. I wrote it in my book in the appropriate space with the work done and also have all the receipts, so I am pretty sure I have adequate records.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in