If you get a speeding tx. . . - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 6:55 pm Thread Starter

If you get a speeding tx. . .

in North Carolina does it affects your driving record in S.C.???

The tx didn't ruin a great weekend though !!! Lots of laughs and fellowship at spring training. I LOVE the LT !!! what a great bike. I can't believe I rode Harleys for all those years.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Apr 23rd, 2006, 8:19 pm

These guys know

e-mail them

[email protected]
Rock
post #3 of 4 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 7:14 am

Varies from state to state and depends on how vigorous your home state is about "reaching out" to other state databases to keep their own (and your driving record) up to date. Evolving software is allowing this process to become easier all the time for states to do this, and I'm not sure if any sort of cooperative effort is even involved. Sweetie Pie just got a notice of points assessed in TN for a performance award received in VA for example. I am convinced the insurance companies through their lobbying efforts are in cahoots with the states regarding this. I used to know a guy who had an operator's permit from two different states...not doubt illegal and nearly impossible to pull off these days...who upon receiving a performance award from time to time would render to the LEO one licence, and then use the other as the licence of record for his insurance company.

Al Hennigan
'03 Anthracite LTE
'09 GS Adventure
Middle Tennessee

Last edited by Ranger6; Apr 24th, 2006 at 7:20 am.

post #4 of 4 Old Apr 24th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger6
Varies from state to state and depends on how vigorous your home state is about "reaching out" to other state databases to keep their own (and your driving record) up to date. Evolving software is allowing this process to become easier all the time for states to do this, and I'm not sure if any sort of cooperative effort is even involved. Sweetie Pie just got a notice of points assessed in TN for a performance award received in VA for example. I am convinced the insurance companies through their lobbying efforts are in cahoots with the states regarding this. I used to know a guy who had an operator's permit from two different states...not doubt illegal and nearly impossible to pull off these days...who upon receiving a performance award from time to time would render to the LEO one licence, and then use the other as the licence of record for his insurance company.
Hope you ain't talking about me. At one time I had a California, Arizona, South Dakota and a North Carolina operator's permits, all valid. As I did a lot of traveling, that scam worked great. Got pulled in NC for splitting lanes, produced a California permit and acted like it was the darnest thing to have that against the law. They were real embarassed cause they wrecked a cruiser trying to catch me, I didn't even know they were after me and was not trying to evade them, they were chasing me as though I had commited a felony and was on my way to do another one. It finally caught up with me when I ended up in court for a performance award and pulled out the wrong one. That took some serious fast talking. Finally surendered most of them and am now leading a peaceful and lawabiding existance.
The tickets I do get, I take to the lawyer across town and he fixes them for me. I figure I got to pay somebody so it might as well be him. He probably passes $50 to the officer, $50 to the Judge or DA's re election fund, puts $100 in his pocket for his troubles and I get a letter in the mail informing me that all charges against me have ben dismissed. A heck of a lot better than spending a day in court, paying $150 and then having the insurance folks give me grief for the next couple of years.

My advice, get a lawyer to take care of it for you. Unless you are a habitual offender, he'll get it reduced to an equipment violation, no points, no insurance company getting rich off of you.

That's the part that really gets me wound up, the insurance folks. Yes, I do drive fast, almost always a little over posted. I watch where I am going, am aware of my surroundings, ride defensively, never drive or ride after any adult beverage, have never had a chargeable accident, matter of fact, have never had an accident of any significance with any vehicle. (Might be due) I know I can drive well, talk on the phone while driving and do it safely but if I try to write any notes, look out, I'm a danger to everyone near. Therefore I don't even try to do that. So I get a small performance award and they are allowed to ratchet up my rates. Nope, I get the lawyer and my record is spotless. Years ago got a ticket and the insurance folks gleefully informed me about a rate increase, cause they could. Asked them to reconsider as I would take my business elsewhere. She took a look, saw all the business she was getting from me and still tried to slip it to me. That was the day State Farm lost me as a customer forever.

Insurance is like a handgun. Hope you never need it but if you do, hope it works like it's supposed to and is big enough to get the job done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in