After Market Exhaust - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old Apr 9th, 2006, 8:25 pm Thread Starter

After Market Exhaust

Gonna take the plunge and hang an after market exhaust system. What to get? Remus? Black Hole? Thoughts/recommendations..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old Apr 9th, 2006, 9:01 pm

Ummm... my .02 cents: a huge waste of money and hearing acuity?

You'll need bigger injectors, a re-programmed chip, larger ram air intake/headers and $$$$ dyno testing as well with accurate a/f mixtures to get an insignificant increase in performance at the risk of frying a perfectly good engine. A new cam would help too if you go this route.

Flame suit is ON!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"

Last edited by RonKMiller; Apr 9th, 2006 at 9:12 pm.
post #3 of 7 Old Apr 9th, 2006, 10:53 pm

After Market Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Gonna take the plunge and hang an after market exhaust system. What to get? Remus? Black Hole? Thoughts/recommendations..........
I thought about doing this also. Asked around locally with some friends that build bikes all stated if you like to listen to the radio forget it after 70 mph . and not worth the money for what you get out of it!

Rusty Snyder
02 K-1200LTC

Rusty Snyder

post #4 of 7 Old Apr 10th, 2006, 5:21 am

Gunny,
I got the Remus and Chip, bought from Raffy. I love the can. Makes a nice deep sound. I get a complement, from time to time. My last 18000 valve check the tech. stated that those were the best valves she has yet to see in a 99. To me it was the best "farkle" ever bought.
post #5 of 7 Old Apr 10th, 2006, 8:00 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonKMiller
Ummm... my .02 cents: a huge waste of money and hearing acuity?

You'll need bigger injectors, a re-programmed chip, larger ram air intake/headers and $$$$ dyno testing as well with accurate a/f mixtures to get an insignificant increase in performance at the risk of frying a perfectly good engine. A new cam would help too if you go this route.

Flame suit is ON!
Really??? I've never heard anything but the benefit's of the Remus on this site... Better throttle response, no more 2700 rpm vibration, 18hp gain... I've never heard what you are claiming. Everyone just says add the exhaust and the chip, that's it. Can anyone else weigh in on this. Is it true?

There are two different Remus cans, from what I understand one of them is loud the other is just throaty. I'm still looking to have this done this month. I listened to a few KLT's at the rally in Lima and I fell in love with the set-up.

Jeff Adkins
San Diego (Scripps Ranch), CA

2000 K1200LT Icon Basalt Grey

IBA Member # 19537
AMA # 242000
BMW MOA # 111485

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Fear is a reaction, courage is a decision"

post #6 of 7 Old Apr 10th, 2006, 11:19 am

Do a search on REMUS ... plenty of info to read having lots of opionons too.

Love my Remus with street can (modified slightly with add on baffle)

Scott

"00" Canyon Red LTI ~ Well Farklized ~ Bug Splattered
Our "semi" quiet riot
*** Trailer Too ***

T
wisties Required

post #7 of 7 Old Apr 10th, 2006, 8:53 pm

I had the Remus for a while. It did open up the upper rev range, and it did eliminate the 4500rpm vibration. I just couldn't stand the noise. It had a booming sound at 2k or so rpm, like riding around town. Sounded like a car that needed a muffler. Many like it - I didn't.

I reinstalled the original exhaust without using the center mount. The vibration is still gone.

Don Ferrario
2004 K1200LT
2002 ST1100A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in