speeding ticket - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Jul 19th, 2013, 2:13 pm Thread Starter

speeding ticket

when I got my bike (1150rt) it didn't take long for me to figure that it wasn't IF i was goin to get a ticket but WHEN. so Monday im at work in a semi and i get pulled over for doing 42 in a 30. there must have been ten cops pulling everyone over....he gives me a warning ... i tell my wife and blah blah blah lol....jump to Thursday at the cabin WITH my wife and i get pulled over doing 66 in a 55 in our van and i get off with another warning.....so im just talkin smack to my wife how i can get out of tickets and shes blah blah blahing me to death ....now im worried i will get one on the bike and she will surely kick my ass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Jul 19th, 2013, 4:34 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Re: speeding ticket

Speeding in the van can cause a wreck.
Speeding on your motorcycle can too, only with really bad results.
Seen it done. Don't want to try it myself.
Ride carefully, my friend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 Old Jul 20th, 2013, 6:41 am

Enforcement of speeding laws is more about revenue enhancement than about safety.

Get a good radar detector, I use a Valentine 1.

Fine a good liar, I mean lawyer who specializes in traffic tickets.

B D R

post #4 of 11 Old Jul 20th, 2013, 7:12 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny
Enforcement of speeding laws is more about revenue enhancement than about safety.
Most of the time on the open highways, but not always.

There is a reason for rules in the populated suburban areas. Most people will drives at a reasonable speed, but for the ones who won't and make life a pain for the majority, there needs to be a rule.

That being said, my initial fear of the K1600 was it's speed and how quickly and smoothly it flies.... I've been lucky so far, but man does she love to exceed the speed limits!

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #5 of 11 Old Jul 20th, 2013, 7:16 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIIKreacherIIII
when I got my bike (1150rt) it didn't take long for me to figure that it wasn't IF i was goin to get a ticket but WHEN. so Monday im at work in a semi and i get pulled over for doing 42 in a 30. there must have been ten cops pulling everyone over....he gives me a warning ... i tell my wife and blah blah blah lol....jump to Thursday at the cabin WITH my wife and i get pulled over doing 66 in a 55 in our van and i get off with another warning.....so im just talkin smack to my wife how i can get out of tickets and shes blah blah blahing me to death ....now im worried i will get one on the bike and she will surely kick my ass
With two recent warnings you've been very lucky, and my guess is if you bring home a performance award with your bike that you will, indeed, get your butt kicked. The worst-case scenario? She's on the bike with you when you get the ticket.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #6 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2013, 2:31 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDiver
Most of the time on the open highways, but not always.

There is a reason for rules in the populated suburban areas. Most people will drives at a reasonable speed, but for the ones who won't and make life a pain for the majority, there needs to be a rule.

That being said, my initial fear of the K1600 was it's speed and how quickly and smoothly it flies.... I've been lucky so far, but man does she love to exceed the speed limits!
I never got a dime.............

John
Florida
2004 BMW R1150R Black
Contact me 4 motor training 1&1
Expert witness in motorcycle crash reconstruction (Contact me)
post #7 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2013, 4:53 pm

I just finished riding from the west coast of Canada to home, north east of Detroit. During the trip I probably rode 30% above the speed limit most of the way. In Saskatchewan a RCMP cruiser heading west on the Trans Canada made a U turn, I slowed to just over the limit he pulled next to me, took a look and sped off only to make another U turn and continue west. I think he just checked what kind of person I was and I was riding fast but on an empty highway and he chose to let me be. Rest of the time I did not even seem to attract a second look. I felt pretty lucky not to have been stopped.

Gerhard
post #8 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2013, 5:44 pm

You could always try going the speed limit.

Well - somebody had to say it

-Steve

2000 BMW K1200LT
2000 BMW R1200C
post #9 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2013, 5:53 pm
IBR# 366

Garage

When my parents first got married, they made a deal where if either one got a ticket, they would pay the same fine amount to the other spouse. I think my mom benefitted from that far more than my dad did.

My wife is interested in making the same deal, but I know better . . .

Ken
Pacific NorthWet
'13 Dark Graphite Metallic K16GTLD, 24K miles
'09 Magnesium Beige Metallic K13GT, 63K miles
'03 Anthracite Metallic K12LTC, 66K miles
'02 Mauve Metallic K12LTC, 106K miles and sold
BMWLT#143, IBA# 366, MOA# 111996, SCMA# 24032

Some people see the gas tank as half empty. Some see it as half full. All I care is that I know where the next tankful is coming from...
post #10 of 11 Old Jul 24th, 2013, 6:15 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by meese
When my parents first got married, they made a deal where if either one got a ticket, they would pay the same fine amount to the other spouse. I think my mom benefitted from that far more than my dad did.

My wife is interested in making the same deal, but I know better . . .
Good to see your sense of humor still in tact.
Keep on recovering. Went through your neck of the woods in June certainly wasn't speeding.
ride safe
post #11 of 11 Old Jul 25th, 2013, 8:09 am

No matter how many I ever wrote I never got a bonus or raise as a result!

But that being said, I can tell you that the first one, with multiple officers around was quite likely because there had been complaints. The second one is a little too much to me. 10 over in a 55? I could see 10 over in a school zone or heavy pedestrian area though.

Chris Ehlbeck
2002 BMW K1200LTE Toscana Green Retired with 85,391 miles
2014 BMW R1200RT Quartz Blue Metallic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in