my first minor service - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Jul 6th, 2013, 2:38 pm Thread Starter

my first minor service (2002 1150rt)

took it out for abit of a longer ride to see how it felt and the biggest thing I notice is the how the rpms felt all around...before when id take off in traffic that first gear was a pain because ppl would accelerate at different rates so Id let off the throttle and the bike would nose down and then accelerate and force me back.....like riding a buckin bronco in the lower gears...the bike always seem to nose down hard in pretty much in all the first 5 gears running at 4000 to 4500 and I used this to slow me down with down shifting to come to a stop. now the thing just wants to glide when I let off the throttle. my first couple of in town stops were met by heavy braking as the bike was not slowing down as much, there was a thread about running high rpms a couple weeks back and not dogging it so I was doing that and it felt like a diff bike....now when im up there I feel like im getting 5 mph more at the same rpm as before....I was in sixth gear doin 80 to 85 and felt like down shifting...this thing was just flying down the road ...im not sure that's a good thing lol ..I was going fast enough before....when the ride was over I pulled into the garage, got off walk around and my freakin rear light panel was hanging by the cords ..lol both nuts worked there way off

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by IIIIKreacherIIII; Jul 6th, 2013 at 2:43 pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Jul 6th, 2013, 6:13 pm

Re: my first minor service

Congrats on the first service. Glad it worked out for you. Amazing what a little ATF and tubing can do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in