Motorcycle Insurance - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 10:37 pm Thread Starter

Smile Motorcycle Insurance

Has anyone here used the BMWMOA Insurance program? How does it compare in price to other companies? I have had mine insured with State Farm for years and haven't found any other Ins less expensive. I tried filling out the quote form to get a quote from MOA but it wouldn't let me fill in the model or cc size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 10:50 pm

i spent a fair amount of time researching this a few years back and the GEICO $$$ couldn't be touched. never had claim w/them... but the insurance rates are competitive. i'd be interested in any discussion on a GEICO claim.
post #3 of 11 Old Apr 6th, 2006, 11:01 pm

For me Progressive beat GEICO. It's that time & I'm fixen to check with AARP. I don't know about the rest of the country, but hear in Louisiana all of my insurances have gone way up & I am not in a flood zone & did not have a claim.

post #4 of 11 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 12:11 am
RMW

Thumbs up

Chris,

I had a claim with Geico and I was well taken care of. Quick professional service but I would switch if I could save a few bucks. So far nobody comes close here in CA.

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA
post #5 of 11 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 1:03 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW
Chris,

I had a claim with Geico and I was well taken care of. Quick professional service but I would switch if I could save a few bucks. So far nobody comes close here in CA.

Chris,
I have Progressive, and every year I try to find a better offer (AAA, Geico, Farm, and other brand names) but no luck. And I'm in Southern California.
And also her is one of the worst states for insurance. Few buddies that I know how much they pay in different states, and all of them are paying at least 30% less.

--------------------------------
Elton 'StrsOut' Marks '02 Silver-Member #337 (or 287?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 LT - 62,394 miles as of 08/05/2007
2003 GS - 20,960 miles as of 07/11/2008
Loma Linda - CA
IBA#14,458 - AMA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 11 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 8:49 am

I just got quotes for coverage of both my bikes from BWMMOA, Progressive and Geico. This is for full coverage and matching the coverages as best I could. Deductables and coverage for customization or farkles varied considerably. JDsHog has somewhere around $12k in various go fast and poser doodads. Rufus is probably at $2k and climbing . I live in the Seattle area, commute on my LT, over 55, married but wife only sits on the rear seat, empty nested and have never had a moving traffic violation in 40 years of riding/driving. My quotes are for one years coverage are:

BMWMOA $1850
Progressive $1043
Geico $888

My USAA coverage falls smack in the middle between BMWMOA and Progessive.

#32756 -
'12
FLTRU Ember Red Sunglo (
)
'05
R1200GS Desert Yellow (
)
'00
K1200LTC Canyon Red (
) - Retired 10/2012
----------------------------------------------
'02
FLSTC Custom (
)
For bike shows, parades, Taco Thursdays and local rides on sunny days only.

post #7 of 11 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 10:14 am

Insurance

Out here in the wide open spaces of the high plains my full coverage is $142 per year. Progrossive Ins. is less than half of what I paid with State Farm 3 years ago.
post #8 of 11 Old Apr 7th, 2006, 10:22 am
JMeese

Smile Geico

Here in Ohio Lt only good driving record last three years Progressive 218.00
Geico 134.00 and less if you switch your cars also Progressive has raised my ins for no reason 3 years in a row
I said farewell to them
post #9 of 11 Old Apr 9th, 2006, 10:27 pm

Now you guys are scaring me real good!!

I called Geico to move my coverage from CT to TN. I was given a quote that was almost $150 higher!! It works out to be right at my policy renewal, so it is a real apples/apples comparison.

Most of the others I've contacted, so far, are almost DOUBLE what Geico wants.

Anyone in the Johnson City, TN area have a suggestion about who to contact?

Jay Slomka
Johnson City, TN

Y2K LT Champagne Class Act

BMWMOA, AMA, IBA
post #10 of 11 Old Apr 10th, 2006, 6:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsidler
Has anyone here used the BMWMOA Insurance program? How does it compare in price to other companies? I have had mine insured with State Farm for years and haven't found any other Ins less expensive. I tried filling out the quote form to get a quote from MOA but it wouldn't let me fill in the model or cc size.

Like you no ones has been able to touch SF insurance prices for the coverages I carry

but just for giggles take a look at this site to be sure you know what you may need to MC ins. Most compare standard price quotes when they do compare ins prices

www.bikershut.net/mc_ins.htm

Tom

'07 GS Adv (mine), '06 GS <(My brides)
(the only bmw's in the stable)
post #11 of 11 Old Apr 10th, 2006, 9:33 pm

Progressive

FYI, I had a guy hit my (yes) car and he was arrested by state patrol (he was underage drunk) here in Colorado. He had progressive auto insurance, and it took me two weeks of an hour phone call each day to have them pay for the damage he did to me. I have never had such a fight, and it wasn't even my insurance company.
I have had State Farm for my bikes in the last 6+ years, and when my sport bike got stolen, SF was 110% on the ball. The rates are awesome, and customer service is top notch....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in