It's Official. Hopz is outta here! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:06 am Thread Starter

It's Official. Hopz is outta here!

Well, what I mean is it is official that we are leaving the State (and State of Mind) of Utah... going next door to Colorado.

We have been working on this for what now seems like a long time. Our reasons for moving to Utah in the first place have changed. Our off spring have relocated for various career moves and our desire for different views has overtaken the inherent difficulty of moving.

We are headed to Colorado Springs. We believe the home we have found there will be a good one and will fit our desires and needs. As some of you already know, we enjoy hosting our friends and acquaintances as you travel from place to place so that will continue and we hope you will visit with us as you move about the country.

I suppose the real reason for our move is the Torrey, UT gatherings we enjoy so much. As fate would have it, Torrey is so close to Salt Lake City the ride down is not much more than a local commute, so we want to get somewhere that offers a decent ride opportunity to get there. Colorado seems like a logical choice.

If all goes as planned, in the first week of July we will be Colorado residents, with all the rights, obligations and appurtenances thereto ascribed.

So... keep in touch. We will still be here and nothing has changed in our motorcycle line up.

2014 R1200RT WC

“As Woody Guthrie says, ‘Left wing, right wing, chicken wing.’I keep my mind open. Whatever you believe, it’s all a mystery in the end.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:18 am

Re: It's Official. Hopz is outta here!

Hope your new place isn't in the path of any of those fires we're reading about out east!

Now you can smoke weed legally and hopefully not have to dodge any of the shoot em up loonies..

(Got kids who live out there, nearer Denver).

I admire your ambition- even though I've trimmed down a lot of what I own, the thought of doing all the work to move is unappealing and I can ride 12 mths in NC.....

Good luck, don't wreck your back toting stuff..
post #3 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopz
We are headed to Colorado Springs. :
Shoot me an E at [email protected]

I'll give you some names and numbers to contact in Pike Peak BMW Riders.

Steve Aikens
2007 R1200RT
2015 R1200RTW
IBA# 442

post #4 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 11:16 am

Quote:
Well, what I mean is it is official that we are leaving the State (and State of Mind) of Utah... going next door to Colorado.

We have been working on this for what now seems like a long time. Our reasons for moving to Utah in the first place have changed. Our off spring have relocated for various career moves and our desire for different views has overtaken the inherent difficulty of moving.

We are headed to Colorado Springs. We believe the home we have found there will be a good one and will fit our desires and needs. As some of you already know, we enjoy hosting our friends and acquaintances as you travel from place to place so that will continue and we hope you will visit with us as you move about the country.

I suppose the real reason for our move is the Torrey, UT gatherings we enjoy so much. As fate would have it, Torrey is so close to Salt Lake City the ride down is not much more than a local commute, so we want to get somewhere that offers a decent ride opportunity to get there. Colorado seems like a logical choice.

If all goes as planned, in the first week of July we will be Colorado residents, with all the rights, obligations and appurtenances thereto ascribed.

So... keep in touch. We will still be here and nothing has changed in our motorcycle line up.

Best of luck to you with the move!

EntropyD
AKA: D, Darryl
2012 R1200RT
post #5 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 11:34 am
Lifetime Supporter

Best of luck on your move, Hopz!!!

My son lives in Denver, and I have been thinking about moving to CO sometimes in the future as well.

Pad. Gajajiva
Solon, OH, USA

2015 R1200RT (San Marino Blue Met.)
2014 R1200RT (Quartz Metallic Blue - Returned to BMW)
2007 R1200RT (Sold!)

Once Upon a Time........
1963 Norton Dominator 650 SS
1960 Triumph Bonneville (T120)
1960 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1952 Triumph Thunderbird (6T)
1932 Triumph 500
1952 BSA Goldstar
post #6 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Congrats! I just rode through Western CO over the weekend and found HWY 141 S/ Grand Junction, which was probably my favorite stretch of canyon out of 10 states explored! I am certain I just touched the surface of great riding CO has to offer ... Good for you!

Chris

President SCBMWRC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MOA / Airhead Beemer Club
2015 BMW R1200RT / 1973 BMW R75/5
Yard Art - 1968 Sachs 90 / 1968 Hodaka Ace 90

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 12:49 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Colorado is a great state. In a prior life, back in the late 60's or very early 70's, when I was in my early 20's, I was a tree trimmer in and around Colorado Springs. I had dropped out of school, had no money, just drove from Texas WNW and stopped in Colorado Springs to crash at an old friend's place and ended up staying about a year. I fondly remember being atop a tree looking down at the rich folk playing tennis below me at the five star Broadmoor Hotel and wondering if I'd ever get to stay at a place like that.

2017 R1200RT
2008 Harley Davidson 105th Anniversary Ultra Classic
IBA No. 58411
post #8 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 2:05 pm

Quote:

Which Colorado, sounds like there may be a new state, Northern Colorado! May be more in line with your thinking?

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was!

2009 "Fully Farkled"Black Metallic Sapphire RT
post #9 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Hope your move goes well.

Personally, there's nothing in the world which could convince me to live anywhere near Pri -- er uh, I mean PARK City -- and I've always enjoyed Colorado Springs, so I think you're moving up in the world.

However, be advised that you'll think you've stumbled into the middle of a road-workers motorcycle club gathering -- motorcyclists have to wear conspicuity vests on military bases.

Smile! I could be BEHIND you!
post #10 of 15 Old Jun 14th, 2013, 4:33 pm

Garage

I know nothing about UT or CO, but moving generally sucks. Remember just take deep breaths when things deviate from plan. Best of luck!

John
2014 S1kRR w/ Helibars, Grip Buddies, Motovation Bar-ends, Techspec C3, Saddleman Sport, Garmin GPS Connector and GPS Nav IV, Razor Tow Hooks, Razor Engine Protectors, Razor No-Cut Sliders, Razor Axle Sliders, Powerlets Fore and Aft, Motodynamics Fender Eliminator and Rear Signals, Gregg's Front Signals, Gilles (BMW) Levers

2012 R1200RT w/ Russell Day Long Seat, Grip Buddies, Garmin GPS Nav IV, Top case, GS mirrors, Valentine 1

2000 Honda RC51 (gone)
1995 Honda VFR750 (gone)
1992 Honda VFR400 NC30 (gone)
1986 Honda VFR700 (gone)
1985 Honda Magna V45 (gone)
post #11 of 15 Old Jun 15th, 2013, 5:55 am

Best of luck with the move! Beautiful country.

John

2009 R1200RT
2008 V-Star 1100

post #12 of 15 Old Jun 15th, 2013, 9:19 am

Good luck and hope those fires dont get too close to your new home!

My ex had family in Colorado and I always enjoyed heading out there and riding. Beautiful State.

Ride Safe,

Bob

"We were leaving confusion and nonsense behind, performing this one noble function of our time..to move"
Dean Moriarty - On The Road

'12 R1200RT
post #13 of 15 Old Jun 16th, 2013, 6:12 am

Congratulations on the move

There's nothing like a change of venue to give you a change of mind. And I love an adventure. Hope your move goes well.

Greg

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
post #14 of 15 Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:28 am

Wish you the best
Glad your not leaving rt family. I always appreciate your help
post #15 of 15 Old Jun 17th, 2013, 12:33 pm

All the best Bob, I sincerely hope the move proves positive.

Best regards,

Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in