BMW Museum Munich - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Jun 12th, 2013, 6:00 am Thread Starter

Talking BMW Museum Munich

Help guys. I am going to the BMW museum in Munich August 3. My question is how long do I allow for the visit as my daughter has also planned a Erdinger brewery tour and a tour of old town Munich. I just don't know how I will suffer through all this.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

2000 K1200LT "Latifah"
1994 R1100RSL (wife's)
1981 R80GS
1976 R90S
1965 R80/2 Frankenbike (wife's)
2001 Bunkhouse LX (given to son)
2011 Bunkhouse Queen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Jun 12th, 2013, 8:33 am

Re: BMW Museum Munich

You can do the BMW Museum easily in a day and combine it with a visit to the Olympia park and the tower, right next door.
http://www.olympiapark.de/
A bit of trivia for you, the artificial hills surrounding the park were not landscaped there for aesthetic reasons, they are the rubble piles where the ruins of Munich got dumped in the cleanup after the war.
The Erdinger brewery is quite a far way from Münich if you don´t have a car, but there is a good S-Bahn connection, so it should not be a problem, also try Starnberg and take a steam paddle wheeler cruise.
And you want to know how to survive? One tip, BIERGARTEN in the Englischer Garten
http://www.chinaturm.de/

Without men civilization would last untill the oil needs changing.

Last edited by Slammer; Jun 12th, 2013 at 8:39 am.
post #3 of 5 Old Jun 12th, 2013, 9:34 am

Coincidentally, I am leaving for Munich this Saturday - been going there for 30 years working for a company there. I arrive Sunday morning and will do a 3-4 hour motorcycle ride in the Alps with one of my buddies over there.

I've also done the BMW museum tour - give yourself at least 4 hours for that and if your daughter doesn't mind, take longer. I've attached a Munich Subway map - best way to get around. BMW World is north of downtown on the "Mittler Ring" at the U3 "Olympia-Zentrum" stop.

Oh, the Munich beer gardens - some of my favorite places! For me a must see is the Hirsh-garten on the main trunk lines west of downtown. They serve Augustiner beer - you can't go wrong with that! As mentioned the Chinese Turn in the English Garden is good (not to mention the nude sunbathing in the southern part of the park). If you want to get out into the country-side one of my favorites is Kloster Andechs, a 13th century monastary - you take the S8 south to Herrsching on the Ammersee (Lake) then hike 45 minutes through the woods up to the monastary. Another is Weihenstephan - the oldest brewery in the world operating since 1040. That is near the MUC airport in Freising. Or, right in the MUC airport is Airbrau Brewery - they specialize in unfiltered Helles (lager) and weissbier (wheat beer). The choices are endless!!! Have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Munich Subway (S-bahn) Network.pdf (225.3 KB, 33 views)

Jim
2003 BMW K1200LT (my favorite 2 wheeled land yacht)
2008 Yamaha FJR1300 (recent addition)
1982 Yamaha Vision (long gone)

Last edited by Jim_McG; Jun 12th, 2013 at 12:39 pm.

post #4 of 5 Old Jun 12th, 2013, 8:02 pm Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm mainly interested in the motorcycle part of the museum and seeing that my daughter is quite like my wife, I'm sure that we will be pressed for time to see all that is planned for us to do.

Robert

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

2000 K1200LT "Latifah"
1994 R1100RSL (wife's)
1981 R80GS
1976 R90S
1965 R80/2 Frankenbike (wife's)
2001 Bunkhouse LX (given to son)
2011 Bunkhouse Queen

post #5 of 5 Old Jun 13th, 2013, 1:15 am

If you like the motorbikes, the Deutsche Museum could be interesting, they have a big selection of BMW's

Without men civilization would last untill the oil needs changing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in