If you go down to the RAV today… - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Apr 25th, 2013, 3:37 am Thread Starter

If you go down to the RAV today…

Ah well another unemployed month has passed on by and it was time for a date with little miss Cutesweet, my French job center overseer with the unpronounceable name, (that is why I call her Miss Cutesweet, describes her perfectly and if you speak it fast, then it's French enough for me) actually it was last monday but silly slammer forgot and promptly got his ass handed to him by the way of a weeks dole docked.
In my defense I am on a RAV sponsored course to improve my CV writing abilities using nothing more than Microsoft's Word and also to boost my self esteem, (Ha!) I am in the middle of a five week course and I had the urge to strangle half of the buggers after the first day on the job, got over it now after the pass the ball game and the thing with the Post-It's, now I just want a frag-grenade and a head start.
Miss Cutesweet looked even more cute and sweet today and instead of giving me what we cultured northern English gentlemen call "A reet bollikin" for the stand up, she was actually bubbly" You won't see me next month" she bubbles "as I am getting married!"
I offer the usual polite guff and get down to business.
Still unemployed and still over 50, I haven't found the Philosophers stone yet, but I live in hope because I think that it may be easier to find than a job.
Anyway, it seems that there will be another course after this one and as far as I get it it's gonna be a "So you are over 50 and wish to reorientate your career?" that is the closest translation that I can get, don't ya just love the PC?
Trouble is things are getting critical by now, Swiss unemployment benefits are like compulsory insurance, you pay into the insurance when working and if you become unemployed you get the insurance money paid out, this is for 400 working days, the clock is counting down and then?
Armageddon, Ragnarøkkr, Götterdämmerung, judgement day. Or in PC English "Oh poop!"
I become a ward of the state, they tell me what I can wear, what I can eat, where I can live, and what I can or can not ride. Worst case: Good by Iron Pig.
So whatever happens in the next few months, it's gonna be interesting.

Without men civilization would last untill the oil needs changing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Re: If you go down to the RAV today…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammer

Still unemployed and still over 50, I haven't found the Philosophers stone yet, but I live in hope because I think that it may be easier to find than a job.

…I become a ward of the state, they tell me what I can wear, what I can eat….

This is from someone who has worked with unemployment statics for over 20 years…….. Buy a lottery ticket and pray. You've hit the big number 50. The magic number where the overwhelming number of employers discriminate.

But being a ward of the State isn’t so bad. Three meals day, a warm bed, clothes, free medical, all the sex, drugs and alcohol you could want.

Edit: Oh wait…your in Switzerland…so your weren’t talking about Prison were you? My Bad.

Assistant Vice President of the International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors, and Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors (ATPTPSAATPS)

Last edited by Xavier6162; Apr 26th, 2013 at 3:13 pm.
post #3 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2013, 3:16 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier6162
This is from someone who has worked with unemployment statics for over 20 years…….. Buy a lottery ticket and pray. You've hit the big number 50. The magic number where the overwhelming number of employers discriminate.

But being a ward of the State isn’t so bad. Three meals day, a warm bed, clothes, free medical, all the sex, drugs and alcohol you could want.

Edit: Oh wait…your in Switzerland…so your weren’t talking about Prison were you? My Bad
Ha! Ha! That's a good one, maybe if I run down to the Bundeshaus with a crazy look on my face, a stick of dynamite up my arse and shouting "Allah Akbar" I could get into jail.

post #4 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2013, 3:48 pm

No. That’ll get you into Gitmo. No drugs, no alcohol and only one camel.

Assistant Vice President of the International Association of Trailer Parks, Trailer Park Supervisors, and Assistant Trailer Park Supervisors (ATPTPSAATPS)

Last edited by Xavier6162; Apr 26th, 2013 at 3:56 pm.
post #5 of 5 Old Apr 26th, 2013, 6:11 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier6162
No. That’ll get you into Gitmo. No drugs, no alcohol and only one camel.
WHAT? For all of us, you mean we have to share?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in