Medical hiatus - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Apr 16th, 2013, 12:20 am Thread Starter

Garage
Medical hiatus

Hope this is the right place.
I was not sure where to put this but here goes. We all have hurdles in life some easy some grave. Well to end the month of March I developed something in my eye. Some dust perhaps or a lose eye lash no concern. A visit to the bathroom vanity shows a full moon in my eye. Oh oh! what's that polite language. No longer concerned but scared as . . . . polite language.
Seek advice from medical geniuses in the family with cheap advice 'see an eye doctor' Why didn't I think of that?
OK short story finding doctor, set appointment, visit, prescription eye drops will dissolve and anti-bacterial agent. I can relax again. 10 days later follow up didn't work will have to have surgery. I'm scared again politely not my eye! Surgery was this past Friday and the last thing I remember was " we are the nurses who will be assisting doctor today" as the anesthesiologist was adding plastic quick connects to my ivy line that was followed by my wife saying "are you OK" I could see her but only then realized there was a patch over my other eye.
Again more med to heal and clear the redness and I am back as good as new. Who's scared not me very BLESSED
ride safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Apr 16th, 2013, 6:44 am

Re: Medical hiatus

Good on the Doc and the nurses who gotcha back good as new, Bill. And don't do that again!!!
post #3 of 5 Old Apr 16th, 2013, 11:56 am Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick
Good on the Doc and the nurses who gotcha back good as new, Bill. And don't do that again!!!
Dick funny you'd say that.
A lot of things come came to mind. The culprit was the right eye yet the first doctor visit into the prep by the assisting technician is the old eye test. Young guy "you wear glasses put them on". I had already answered the reason for my visit. Room goes dark little projection window comes up on the white wall with different size letters and he changes them, can't see a thing with the paddle in front each eye. Young guy says "are those for reading or driving?" Reading I said he came back with "why didn't you say so.
Should I be nervous. Then he shines a machine up to my eyeball with bright PIAA lights different colors. Wait it gets better. He is checking my blood pressure in my eye 'oh man am I at the right place.' Let me refresh I am here for a bubble in my right eye. OK the drama ended when I went to the next room and saw the real Doctor.
Now I am back to reality when the Doc after a few questions sizes up the situation and offers a 10 day regiment of eye drop which should do the trick if not we will have to cut it out. We all know what happens when you crack the trottle to redline all in the same instant. I almost flew out the chair.
Then last week at the surgery each of the 24K people you see before you don't remember anything ask the very same question "What is the doctor doing for you today" . . ll polite language if they don't know should I trust them to go through with it.
I am almost ashamed to tell the last part.
Did you know before eye surgery they read your rights pull the curtain: Take off all your clothes except your shorts and socks. Put them in plastic laundry bags, shoes too. Put these on paper shower cap, paper booties and a cute flowered gown that opens in the back at that point what would you have done . . . you bet I won't be doing it again.
ride safe

post #4 of 5 Old Feb 5th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Red face Re: Medical hiatus

Bill, where you at bud???

No posts for the past few months, are you taking a sabatical? Hope everything is Ok.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
post #5 of 5 Old Feb 15th, 2014, 8:02 pm Thread Starter

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruivis View Post
Bill, where you at bud???

No posts for the past few months, are you taking a sabatical? Hope everything is Ok.
I'm still here
Thanks for asking. Trying to age gracefully and taking things at a slower pace. Still planning though. That helps me keep my sanity in the winter months and longing for the summer months. Got to catch up on a lot of reading.
ride safe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in