Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 for $70! - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old Mar 25th, 2013, 7:09 pm Thread Starter

Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 for $70!

I have been about to upgrade my smart phone to the Samsung Galaxy S3 for a few weeks now, and Costco had them for $99.99, so my wife and I went Saturday morning to upgrade ours. Costco had lowered the price for the Sprint ones (we are on Sprint) to $69.99 just that morning! All the other carriers were still at $99. WIN!!

Costco also has a deal with Sprint so that the normal $36 per phone update fee is refunded.

One reason I had been reluctant to switch to a 4G phone was the fact that Sprint charges an additional $10/month "Premium Data" fee for 4G, when Sprint has the smallest 4G footprint of the biggest carriers.

I was playing around with the phone Saturday afternoon, noticing that it was MUCH faster than my old phone, when I happened to notice that it was showing that it was on 4G! Nothing on the Sprint website hints at that possibility, so I was ecstatic! They must have turned it on very recently, and have not updated there coverage maps yet.

I have not been able to put the phone down for the past couple days, it is just plain amazing. As fast as my home computer. It does so many things it will take me weeks to figure out all it can do. LOVE IT!

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
EX: '01 Black LT, BAT BYKE (Totaled at 110,000 miles)
IBA SS, BB, BBG, 10/10ths.
No bike now, but maybe in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old Mar 25th, 2013, 7:45 pm

Re: Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 for $70!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshealey
I have been about to upgrade my smart phone to the Samsung Galaxy S3 for a few weeks now, and Costco had them for $99.99, so my wife and I went Saturday morning to upgrade ours. Costco had lowered the price for the Sprint ones (we are on Sprint) to $69.99 just that morning! All the other carriers were still at $99. WIN!!

Costco also has a deal with Sprint so that the normal $36 per phone update fee is refunded.

One reason I had been reluctant to switch to a 4G phone was the fact that Sprint charges an additional $10/month "Premium Data" fee for 4G, when Sprint has the smallest 4G footprint of the biggest carriers.

I was playing around with the phone Saturday afternoon, noticing that it was MUCH faster than my old phone, when I happened to notice that it was showing that it was on 4G! Nothing on the Sprint website hints at that possibility, so I was ecstatic! They must have turned it on very recently, and have not updated there coverage maps yet.

I have not been able to put the phone down for the past couple days, it is just plain amazing. As fast as my home computer. It does so many things it will take me weeks to figure out all it can do. LOVE IT!

I got the s3 when it first came out, I love it, you got a much better deal than me!

David Hogerheide

2015 K1600GTL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 K1200LT (traded for GTL)
1984 Kawasaki Spectre: long gone
BMWMOA# 163123
BMWRA member
AMA member
Saddle sore 1000 Sept 2011
Bun Burner 1500 Sept 2011

CCR 2012 Duluth, MN
CCR 2014 Chattanooga, TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old Mar 25th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Not happy with the signal issues on both the s3 and the s2 samsung Phones. I will be changing back to motorola when the contract is up on these 2.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

post #4 of 9 Old Mar 26th, 2013, 7:00 am

Quote:
It does so many things it will take me weeks to figure out all it can do. LOVE IT!
You're going to really love your phone when it can act as a bio monitor.

Greg

Airwolf - 2018 K1600GTL (planned acquisition!)
2005 Charcoal LT - 48K
2003 Antracite LT - 76K
2001 R1200C 24K
1999 Honda Magna - 5K (RIP)
post #5 of 9 Old Mar 26th, 2013, 7:04 am

Normally when I see this kind of thread heading it's already in the wastebasket. When I saw it was David I wondered why in the heck he had come out of retirement to hawk cell phones. Next thing ya know he'll be buying a motorcycle.

Jeff in Myrtle Beach
'01 LTC
'99 Icon champagne
'02 KLR 650
TZ 185 2 stroke
Honda R100R beater

post #6 of 9 Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:33 am Thread Starter

I never left! Been here all along. When a deal like this comes up, it is nice to let other people know, even if it isn't motorcycle related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffklt
Normally when I see this kind of thread heading it's already in the wastebasket. When I saw it was David I wondered why in the heck he had come out of retirement to hawk cell phones. Next thing ya know he'll be buying a motorcycle.

I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...I want to achieve it through not dying.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
post #7 of 9 Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:38 am Thread Starter

I would have liked the new Droid, but unfortunately Sprint does not offer it. It is also 2.5 times the cost of the Sprint GS3 on other carriers at Costco.

Are your signal issues on 4G, 3G, or both? So far I have not been out much, but signal at home is very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldan2
Not happy with the signal issues on both the s3 and the s2 samsung Phones. I will be changing back to motorola when the contract is up on these 2.

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
post #8 of 9 Old Mar 26th, 2013, 10:39 am Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruivis
You're going to really love your phone when it can act as a bio monitor.

Greg
I saw that on TV when it first aired. Very interesting!

David Shealey
Dandridge, TN
post #9 of 9 Old Mar 26th, 2013, 11:22 am

Quote:
I would have liked the new Droid, but unfortunately Sprint does not offer it. It is also 2.5 times the cost of the Sprint GS3 on other carriers at Costco.

Are your signal issues on 4G, 3G, or both? So far I have not been out much, but signal at home is very good.

This is just the home signal, everywhere else the phone performs as it should. The motorola droids I had before were much better at home. I like the phones, they need to fix the signal issues.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I'll try again tomorrow".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in