true justice - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Mar 4th, 2013, 7:32 pm Thread Starter

true justice

This probably belongs in the humor section, but it's not a joke, it's a news article from today. Tell me this isn't perfect.

INDEPENDENCE, Ore. (AP) Polk County authorities say it appears a burglar died when a rifle he'd just stolen was jostled and fired during a ride down a bumpy farm road.

Detective John Williams says investigators found a shotgun and the rifle Sunday morning, side by side on the passenger-side floorboard of a stolen farm truck, barrels pointed at the driver.

Williams says it appears that a lever on the shotgun got into the trigger guard of the rifle and fired it.

The weapons were among other goods taken from a nearby house on the farmland near Independence.

Williams says detectives found no indication anybody else had been in the truck, whose engine had been running for hours.

The man was identified as 19-year-old Genaro Hernandez Mendoza.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Mar 5th, 2013, 2:17 am
Enjoy The Ride

Re: true justice

That would be a proper sentence for ALL thieves.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 Old Mar 5th, 2013, 3:45 am
Lifetime Supporter

And THAT, my friends, is why you always keep your weapons loaded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 9:23 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
That would be a proper sentence for ALL thieves.
Now that we've settled on execution for thieves, I suggest we move on to speed limit violators. I say we chop their hands off. Who's with me?
post #5 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by amindtat
Now that we've settled on execution for thieves, I suggest we move on to speed limit violators. I say we chop their hands off. Who's with me?
+1

Gerhard
post #6 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 5:58 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
One has to assume that we'll chop off the hands of motorcycle speeders, and the feet of all others?
post #7 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 7:54 pm
cws

Garage

Darwin at work.. he's "on the list"

Chris
Sydney, NSW
2005 Dark Graphite Metallic K1200LT

2005 Orient Blue Metallic K1200GT SE
(sold 2019)
2000 Red Honda CB250 (the toy)

Ulysses #45310
GS911

post #8 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 8:02 pm

I love a good story (especially the true ones) where the bad guy experiences some real accountability.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #9 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 9:34 pm

Quote:
Now that we've settled on execution for thieves, I suggest we beat and flog them first. Who's with me?
There. Fixed it for you!

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #10 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 10:13 pm Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
Now that we've settled on execution for thieves, I suggest we beat and flog them first. Who's with me? There. Fixed it for you!
Typical bleeding heart liberal attitude!!!
post #11 of 23 Old Mar 6th, 2013, 10:26 pm
Lifetime Supporter

If you liked this story, you'll love the next one.

Warning: Do not take this link if you felt sorry for the dead burglar.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-03-06/...hot-kan-farmer

post #12 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 10:37 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwoolsey
If you liked this story, you'll love the next one.

Warning: Do not take this link if you felt sorry for the dead burglar.

http://cjonline.com/news/2013-03-06/...hot-kan-farmer
Find guy on property. Kill guy on property. Claim guy threatened you. No charges. Awesome! I think I know how to take care of that neighbor I don't like. Just get him to wander over on to my property and *BLAM!* self-defense. Maybe if I get really lucky I can catch him in one of his diabetic lows. That'll show up in the autopsy and support my claim he was acting all crazy and threatening. If it makes the news I'll post it here so you all can get a kick out of it! Come to think of it, I don't really like my Mail man either...God Bless America!
post #13 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:13 am

Quote:
Come to think of it, I don't really like my Mail man either...God Bless America!
I don't like my mail man either as he only brings bills and junk mail, so I asked for a new mailman...

Gilles & Kathy
BMWMOA# 154719
IBA# 71594
2011 Ostra Gray RT
06 Mercedes-Benz E350 Estate (parts and people hauler)
2012 BMW X3 (parts and people hauler)
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (my "new" baby)

For her I climbed the highest mountain!
For her I swam across the deepest ocean!
For her I walked through the largest desert!
And then she left me... She said I was never home!!!

post #14 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:19 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg
I don't like my mail man either as he only brings bills and junk mail, so I asked for a new mailman...
Well, at least he's not visiting you on Saturdays anymore.

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

post #15 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 11:20 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmlt
...The man was identified as 19-year-old Genaro Hernandez Mendoza.
Frank, you did the politically incorrect thing by mentioning his name. Now, LULAC will come calling.

Jeff
Big D is my neck of the woods

99 K1200LT (don't need loud pipes w/ 8 spk. stereo)
08 HD wide glide
prior:
07 HD XL1200C (sold!
)
78 KZ750 twin
76 CB750F
71 CL175 Scrambler
73? Yamaha 100 enduro

post #16 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 1:59 pm
Lifetime Supporter

Quote:
Find guy on property. Kill guy on property. Claim guy threatened you. No charges. Awesome! I think I know how to take care of that neighbor I don't like. Just get him to wander over on to my property and *BLAM!* self-defense. Maybe if I get really lucky I can catch him in one of his diabetic lows. That'll show up in the autopsy and support my claim he was acting all crazy and threatening. If it makes the news I'll post it here so you all can get a kick out of it! Come to think of it, I don't really like my Mail man either...God Bless America!
I'm gonna bet your neighbor isn't a wanted felon crackhead from Iowa who just stiffed them at the toll booth and ran into the woods. I'm also gonna bet you haven't spent a whole lot of time around crackheads. Little bit of difference between your neighbor and the two guys in the stories, wouldn't you agree?

By the way............ if my neighbor was a wanted felon crackhead I would have no problem with pulling the trigger on him to protect myself or others from threatened or demonstrated bodily harm.

post #17 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 2:21 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwoolsey
I'm gonna bet your neighbor isn't a wanted felon crackhead from Iowa who just stiffed them at the toll booth and ran into the woods. I'm also gonna bet you haven't spent a whole lot of time around crackheads. Little bit of difference between your neighbor and the two guys in the stories, wouldn't you agree?

By the way............ if my neighbor was a wanted felon crackhead I would have no problem with pulling the trigger on him to protect myself or others from threatened or demonstrated bodily harm.
No my neighbor's not a crack head, but I know for a fact my neighbor broke the law. He bypassed the pollution control system on his vehicle. That alone should have cost him a finger and maybe a kick in the ass. Plus there's a lot of suspicious traffic coming in and out of his farm. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a meth lab lucked away there. Meth is really big where I live. Crack? Not so much. Must be a more of a Kansas thing.

Although I didn't see crack mentioned in the article you posted by the way. Could it be he was a pot dealer, which seems to be quickly becoming legal state by state? Keeping that in mind, if you want to shoot your local pot dealers, make sure you do it before your Kansas makes pot legal. Or at least plant a little crack on them.
post #18 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 3:05 pm Thread Starter

One philosophy I try to live by:
Only one liar left in court to testify - me. (the rest be dead)
post #19 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 4:28 pm
Lifetime Supporter

We'll just agree to have different points of view. From my experience, crackheads and crankheads get very psychotic and irrational with chronic use. Potheads get mellow. I have never seen someone high on marijuana go out picking fights unless the pot is supplemented by methamphetamine or cocaine. Marijuana is really a pretty benign substance when compared to alcohol, cocaine, or methamphetamine.

My position is that I'm willing to kill another human being if necessary to protect myself or others. You may be also, but I get the impression that you would be inclined to attempt to "reason" with the fellow first. That's your choice. In doing so, you'll give Mr. Crackhead an opportunity to take you out.

In Sumner county where this occurred, the population is quite sparse. Help is not just around the corner. If you show up on someone elses property, it is unwise to go anywhere but right to the front door. You get caught sneeking into the barn and most likely you'll be at the business end of a weapon. Make a verbal threat to kill someone and you can get shot with no charges filed.

Now the fact that Mr. crackhead has a drug abuse history does not legally figure into the equation. It does however show his pre-disposition to stupidity. It's not the farmer's fault. Mr Crackhead did several stupid things in a row and it got him killed. I imagine the farmer feels bad about it, but at least he's still alive and not a dead victim. let's keep in mind that Mr. Crackhead is not a victim, he's a dead suspect. And as I used to say..... nothing further from reporting officer at this time.

post #20 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 7:47 pm Thread Starter

I used to clear a lot of calls with a code we used: PVP NHI
puke vs puke, no humans involved

True story
post #21 of 23 Old Mar 7th, 2013, 9:26 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmlt
I used to clear a lot of calls with a code we used: PVP NHI
puke vs puke, no humans involved

True story

I used to teach the legal section of our academy classes for a local agency. There was always a long discussion of "creative report writing". Your code takes the cake .

Doug Stracener
2011 RT polar metallic
Attorney,
MSF #127350,
Instructor, Motorcycle Safety Program Louisiana Department of Public Safety
NAUI Scuba Instructor #36288
Divers Alert Network Board member
post #22 of 23 Old Mar 8th, 2013, 12:39 pm
Lifetime Supporter

I have a family of friends that live in Sumner County. 3 of their 5 farms front the turnpike. I'll have to check with them. Hopefully one of them wasn't the farmer that had to shoot the fugitive. Having worked on their farms and hunting with them for years, I have no doubt that if threatened they would respond with deadly force. Farm country is far different than urban life and self protection is the only viable alternative. 911 if activated could be over an hour before response.

Benny C. (Central Texas)
2001 LTC Pacific Blue (Babe...the blue ox)
1986 Kawasaki Concours (Connie) sold
post #23 of 23 Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:58 pm Thread Starter

Apparently we grow 'em pretty stupid here in the northwest. Here's another piece of news:

ST. HELENS, Ore. (AP) - The Columbia County sheriff's office says a father and son were wrestling over a loaded rifle when it fired, wounding both men with a single shot.

Deputies responded Thursday night to a domestic disturbance at the residence on the Nehalem Highway between Vernonia and Mist and found two wounded men. They were taken to two different Portland hospitals.

The sheriff's office says the "degree of criminal intent" in the shooting remains under investigation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in