Sampson Sport touring - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 8:37 pm Thread Starter
RMW

Question Sampson Sport touring

Does anyone have a contact number for Sampson Sport touring or know what city they are in? I didn't find a number on their web site.

I placed an order for a quick disconnect on the 19th via paypal (confirmed payment). Never received the part or an order confirmation from Sampson so I emailed requesting status on the 26th. Not receiving an answer I E-mailed again on the 28th and still no response.

If this is a home business I can understand some delay but this seems unusual. Anyone have experience with this company?

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old Mar 30th, 2006, 9:56 pm
TMH

From their on-line order form:

Sampson Sport Touring, PO Box 272, Chloride AZ 86431

Doesn't look like they like to give out their phone number. Here's a post from an FJR Board about their communication skills (or potential lack thereof):
http://www.fjrowners.ws/discus/messa...tml?1090525409

Good luck,
Tom

2009 R1200GS-ADV
2005.5 KTM Adventure 950
post #3 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 12:02 am Thread Starter
RMW

Tom,

I've received good service with all my on-line purchases in the past. Guess you are bound to find a poor vendor now and again. Sounds like Sampson has been less than responsive to a number of others judging by the comments on the FJR site.

I located another vendor with what I need and plan to cancel my order with Sampson but I doubt they will respond. Glad it was only a $30 order.

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA

post #4 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 9:27 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW
Does anyone have a contact number for Sampson Sport touring or know what city they are in? I didn't find a number on their web site.

I placed an order for a quick disconnect on the 19th via paypal (confirmed payment). Never received the part or an order confirmation from Sampson so I emailed requesting status on the 26th. Not receiving an answer I E-mailed again on the 28th and still no response.

If this is a home business I can understand some delay but this seems unusual. Anyone have experience with this company?
Not to make fun of your situation and certainly hope you didn't get ripped off, but I doubt if they even have phones in Chloride:

http://www.alongtheway.org/gnome/chloride/index.html

...but I'll bet you could track your culprit down by showing up in the town square Saturday afternoon with a six shooter and yelling
"SAMPSON, you son of a bitch - I'm a' callin' you OUT!"

About a day ride for 'ya.

I think I found one of their previous customers:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sampson.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	2831  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #5 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 5:14 pm Thread Starter
RMW

Thumbs up

Ron,

Thanks, I really needed some comic relief injected into this frustrating situation. I have a dollar waiting on a dime here. My aux tank installation is ready to go but for the quick disconnect.

I ordered from another vendor and should be on the road a few days.

I suppose you are always in such good humor because you ride on the world's most comfortable motorcycle seat

Thanks again,

Ron Wilkerson
05 LT
07 KLR
09 GSA
post #6 of 10 Old Mar 31st, 2006, 7:44 pm

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW
Ron,

Thanks, I really needed some comic relief injected into this frustrating situation. I have a dollar waiting on a dime here. My aux tank installation is ready to go but for the quick disconnect.

I ordered from another vendor and should be on the road a few days.

I suppose you are always in such good humor because you ride on the world's most comfortable motorcycle seat

Thanks again,
Nah, I just watch too much Comedy Central...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #7 of 10 Old Jan 18th, 2013, 6:45 am

Re: Sampson Sport touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMW
Tom,

I've received good service with all my on-line purchases in the past. Guess you are bound to find a poor vendor now and again. Sounds like Sampson has been less than responsive to a number of others judging by the comments on the FJR site.

I located another vendor with what I need and plan to cancel my order with Sampson but I doubt they will respond. Glad it was only a $30 order.

Would you mind passing on the information for this other vendor for the cover that you found? I also have had no luck getting a response from Sampson, and they are just a couple hours north of here (I should ride my bike up there and find out first-hand WTH) and we are in desperate need of a new cover. We have had a cover like they have on their site, AND we have that plastic box thing which is rather bulky.
Thanks in advance!
post #8 of 10 Old Jan 18th, 2013, 9:55 am

Folks, we may have a new winner here for replying to a post that will be 7 years old March 31st!

I think I'm going to have to come with a prize and announce a yearly recipient.

Conni14 is now in the running! (but don't feel so all alone, I've done it myself more than a few times)

"Like Butt-ahh!"
post #9 of 10 Old Jan 18th, 2013, 2:28 pm
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Thanks Ron I saw this thread earlier today but did not have the heart to post

BTW Ron what is your opinion in THESE ?
You can post in that thread or PM me if you like.

Stevie Shreeve
post #10 of 10 Old Jan 18th, 2013, 6:23 pm

When in Chloride, catch Sunday afternoon karaoke at Yesterday's. All of the old locals turn out and some can even sing (kinda). Warm beer, lousy food , slow service, and free "entertainment." (all part of the local ghost town charm). Then head up about 1.5 miles off road to view the rock murals. A bit of rough go up to the paintings, but I've done it on both my R 1200 C and the RT.

2004 R 1200 C (Fire Starter)
2007 R 1200 RT (Heavy Feather)
2008 Ducati 999 S (Shock and Awe)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in