Praise for Delta (airlines that is) - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old Nov 17th, 2012, 11:45 pm Thread Starter

Praise for Delta (airlines that is)

I think that most of us would rather spend a few thousand miles piloting our personal K1200LT somewhere, but unfortunately for me in the last three years I have become a domestic road warrior and choose Delta as my preferred airline. I am up to 147K miles on Delta this year alone (ass in seat miles) and still more trips are in the pipe before the end of 2012

Well three years later it is finally time to use up some of those coveted Delta miles and with all the stories I heard of the problems using miles I was ready for a fight.

Well I would not say it was a fight, but it took multiple calls and over 4 hours, but I was able to get 7 award tickets in / and or out of Ukraine for myself, wife, 2 kids, sister in-law and two grandparents.

The value of the tickets were over $15K when you consider that a few were first class (for me and the wife) and I only had to pay the government fees which amounted to just under $300 per ticket.

Now I am not bragging (ok maybe just a little) , but the purpose was to pass along that it can be done, using those award miles and they are worth something. And to mention that it does take the right agent.

After the right agent and I spent a few hours on the phone and she got everything fixed.

I wrote this on the social media sites and to delta directly and wanted to pass along here.

I just want to say Thanks to Patricia at Delta, two agents previous said everything was was all set, but unfortunately the tickets were not correct.

Patricia she stayed on the line for 2 hours tonight and fixed problems with 7 award tickets with 4 different outbound dates and 2 different returns and somehow got us all on the same flights back from Ukraine (SIP) to Moscow (SVO) to JFK to Orlando (MCO) all on the same day and same flights.

Total award miles burned tonight = 520,000 miles Including R/T first class for three of the adults THANKS DELTA. This summer is going to be the best summer for the kids EVER.

Thanks to Delta the kids are going to spend 2 months in Ukraine with Grandma and Grandpa in Crimea and on the Black Sea...

I cannot say enough about Patricia, I gave her one of those "A Job Well Done" recognition awards. She deserved it. She even had a sense of humor and said "I have very BAD news, I need a credit card to charge the extra 41 cents on takes one the tickets." VERY FUNNY. I felt we both needed the laugh. Thanks again..

2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц 2 March '12 -
2008 R1200GSA Dec'11 - March '12 (sold)
2009 K1200LT The Черный заяц Nov '10 - Nov '11 (sold )
2000 K1200LT Flying Purple Mile Eater May '10 - Nov '10 (sold)
2005 VTX1300s Nov '09 - Nov '10 (sold)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old Nov 18th, 2012, 6:27 am

Re: Praise for Delta (airlines that is)

Good for you...sounds like the trip of a lifetime!

And good for you for taking the time to write up a positive experience. Most are quick to run to a forum to rant about a bad experience with a company...nice to see someone taking the opportunity to give praise when it is due.

post #3 of 5 Old Nov 18th, 2012, 9:45 am
Enjoy The Ride

I'm surprized that you even get to use the miles for personal use. When I traveled a lot I could only use them work travel.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 Old Nov 21st, 2012, 12:30 pm

Delta is my preferred airlines as well. Easy to get free upgrades (unless you are stuck at a Delta hub like Atlanta or Minneapolis). They commonly overbook the flights so if you are ok to delay your travel by a day its possible to get $400 back for skipping a flight.

1996 Kinetic Pride 75cc - First motorized cycle at age 16.
2002 Yamaha Enticer 125cc - First brand new cycle bought from the first salary at age 20.
1984 Honda Shadow 1100cc
1999 BMW K1200LT
post #5 of 5 Old Nov 22nd, 2012, 5:53 am

None of our domestic airline come anywhere near the level of service you get from most of the European air carriers.

Delta does a lot better than the others.

Very refreshing to encounter a customer service rep who really makes things happen.

B D R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in