Political discussions - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old Oct 5th, 2012, 11:50 am Thread Starter

Political discussions

So we ban lock thread etc on political discussions but we have anti Romney/Ryan political ads on this site if you happen to be using an open browser not blocking ads. Yes I would block the ads but I'm not using my computer.

Just Go
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike
Cleveland Ohio
2014 K1600 GTL Grey Wolf.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:29 pm

Garage
Re: Political discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwnahas
So we ban lock thread etc on political discussions but we have anti Romney/Ryan political ads on this site if you happen to be using an open browser not blocking ads. Yes I would block the ads but I'm not using my computer.
Definitely an irony in that. Perhaps if we pay, we also will be allowed to politically influence other members here.
post #3 of 23 Old Oct 7th, 2012, 10:41 am

I can't even recall the name of the forum that was removed due to abuse? The Outhouse or the CrapBox of whatever it was. Might be kind of fun, though to reinstate it just until the election is over. (I can just see the moderators shuddering now.) I do find political cartoons and humor entertaining as well as the honest discourse and differences of opinions amongst these members, many of whom make diligent efforts to stay informed and have legitimate if differing points of view. For instance, I tend to be "conservative "on many issues but am "liberal" on the subject of personal rights and freedoms. I voted for Bush and yet objectively I shuddered way too many times at decisions he made and actions he took or supported. I've tried to look objectively at both Romney and Obama and find a lot to disapprove of with both. Ok. I'll shut up now. If take this further and actually begin to discuss what I disagree with regarding either, I am probably out of bounds. However, I would support an Election 2012 forum on at least a temporary basis.

2004 R 1200 C (Fire Starter)
2007 R 1200 RT (Heavy Feather)
2008 Ducati 999 S (Shock and Awe)

post #4 of 23 Old Oct 7th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Problems with most political and religious discussions is that most deteriorate in to urination matches in short order.

B D R
post #5 of 23 Old Oct 7th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moot
I I've tried to look objectively at both Romney and Obama and find a lot to disapprove of with both.
That is the problem with single party systems: all candidates appear the same. A second party would be refreshing .
post #6 of 23 Old Oct 7th, 2012, 11:32 pm

If all the elected officials & bureaucrats in this country were lined up end to end, they would finally have a job.
post #7 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:18 am

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNTER1100
If all the elected officials & bureaucrats in this country were lined up end to end, they would finally have a job.
Problem in the USA is that it is the unelected that control the quasi elected.
post #8 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 2:17 am

Garage

A problem with politics is just like the cat / dog discussion. It does not matter wether you get scratched by a cat or bitten by a dog - they both hurt!

Or the problem with political jokes is, they tend to get elected!

A friend once said it does not matter who you vote for - the Government always wins!

The best way to have an effective government, is not to allow anyone who wants to be in Government anywhere near the halls of power! Find instead someone who really does not want to be there, and give them the job. If they do a good job they get time off! Then you will get a great government with out al the sleaze back-biting in-fighting etc!

(My political views are slightly to the right of Genghis Khan! )

Best regards
Sleuth

Current & previous bikes
2010 R1200RT Thunder Grey
1988 K100RT (For Sale)
Suzuki GS850 (Sold)
post #9 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 6:39 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

The Ads pay to keep this site going & that is it. I do not even see them. As for a thread about politics it will ALWAYS degrade into a pissing match. We have seen this to many times so ALL threads of this type will be removed or closed no if , ands or buts. I am the Moderator who closed the last one & will do the same to this one if needed.
If you would like to talk politics http://www.politicalforum.com/forum.php?

Stevie Shreeve
post #10 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 7:16 am

I did enjoy the Crapper from time to time and know that I am guilty of adding to it occasionally, but I do understand why it was eliminated. It is refreshing to have a web site forum that is just about bikes and other helpful tips to make my life easier and run smoother.

All of the other forums that I go to seem to veer off topic after two or three comments and during this election year, become quite political. I'd vote to keep it the way it is.

Dano
Tampa, Fl.

12 K1600 GTL
02 K1200 LT (gone but not forgotten)
post #11 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 8:49 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
The Ads pay to keep this site going & that is it. I do not even see them. As for a thread about politics it will ALWAYS degrade into a pissing match. We have seen this to many times so ALL threads of this type will be removed or closed no if , ands or buts. I am the Moderator who closed the last one & will do the same to this one if needed.
If you would like to talk politics http://www.politicalforum.com/forum.php?
No criticism of the decision to eliminate the Crapper was or is intended. It had clearly gotten out of hand and there is little except eternal optimism to predict that a renewed version would be any different.

The alternate forum reference is much appreciated.

Let's all do our research and try to go beyond the inaccuracies and distortions advanced by much of the media and the misleading campaign ads of both parties then make our best effort to be informed voters in the upcoming elections.

May God (whether yours or mine) Bless America.

2004 R 1200 C (Fire Starter)
2007 R 1200 RT (Heavy Feather)
2008 Ducati 999 S (Shock and Awe)
post #12 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moot
May God (whether yours or mine) Bless America.
Uh oh!

Lee
Y2K K1200 LT Canyon Red - Torn apart by a Bimmer 11-10-10. Sold to Saddleman to be reanimated.
2005 K1200 LT Ocean Blue
ATGATT
CCR 2009, CCR 2010, CCR 2012
IBA #39250
SS1000 - September 2009
BB1500 - September 2009
BMW MOA #167909
post #13 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 3:09 pm

Do not see any political conflict or pissing matches in this thread, just a few mild, generic, jokes. Not sure why there was a need to flex moderator muscle and say that this thread would be closed if needed... does not seem to be even a shadow of a problem here, not as of this writing, anyway.

Not trying to be offensive Stevie, you know I love ya, just do not understand why that even came up in this thread.

Just sayin'

Antony (Tripod)
Dallas' Northern Suburbs
-----------------------------------------------

If you want to be happy for a day, drink.
If you want to be happy for a year, marry.
If you want to be happy for a lifetime, ride a motorcycle.

-----------------------------------------------

'05 K1200LT - Dark Graphite - RIP 04 OCT 2015
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'99 Road King Classic - Custom Blue/Silver & Chrome - "My Baby" Gone but forever in my heart!

and many, many others.

post #14 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 3:52 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee510
Uh oh!
Kinda a miss the "CRAPPER" Forum, but not really!

Brett
2003 K1200LTC SOLD
2013 K1600GTL SOLD
2018 K1600GA SOLD
2019 K1600GA Blue

North Georgia

2005 CCR-Tetons
2006 CCR-Braselton
2008 CCR-Midway
2009 CCR-Rapid City
2011 CCR-Boise
2012 CCR-Duluth
2014 CCR-Chattanooga
2015 CCR-Coeur d 'Alene

post #15 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211
Do not see any political conflict or pissing matches in this thread, just a few mild, generic, jokes. Not sure why there was a need to flex moderator muscle and say that this thread would be closed if needed... does not seem to be even a shadow of a problem here, not as of this writing, anyway.

Not trying to be offensive Stevie, you know I love ya, just do not understand why that even came up in this thread.

Just sayin'
I think he was just responding to the question about why The Crapper forum was abandoned.

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2009 BMW K1200LT - 60k miles
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)
2005 BMW K1200LT - "Gray Ghost", traded at 120k miles
2005 Honda Shadow 650 (sold)
AMA, IBA, BMW MOA. CCRs: Braselton 2006, Osage Beach 2007, Duluth 2012

[/URL]
post #16 of 23 Old Oct 8th, 2012, 7:13 pm
Cat Herder

It is refreshing to see that the inmates still run the asylum the way it was run when I left now almost a year ago.

I guess the nearly 10 year nudging into what we perceived the "right direction" from mostly Randy and a little bit of myself paid off after all.

Now back to our regular scheduled programming (And NO that is not politics)
post #17 of 23 Old Oct 9th, 2012, 6:02 am
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by deputy5211

Just sayin'
Tony I was NOT flexing moderator muscle as you call it. I was just making the statement that ANY thread that turns into a pissing match will not be allowed including this one.

Stevie Shreeve
post #18 of 23 Old Oct 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnapinn
ANY thread that turns into a pissing match will not be allowed.
I can drink 8 to 10 beers before I need to Piss can anyone match that.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #19 of 23 Old Oct 9th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
I can drink 8 to 10 beers before I need to Piss can anyone match that.
What kind, Dave - lagers... ales... light beers... domestic... imported? Does it make a difference...?

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]
post #20 of 23 Old Oct 9th, 2012, 7:40 pm
Enjoy The Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by hschisler
What kind, Dave - lagers... ales... light beers... domestic... imported? Does it make a difference...?
It sure does make a difference Howard, If I pay for the beer I hang on to it for as long as I can.

Dave Selvig
2004 Black LT
2000 Canon Red LT

post #21 of 23 Old Oct 9th, 2012, 8:24 pm

It seems to me that we already have a pissing match going on over pissing matches. And please, as a God fearing athiest, let's leave God, Buddha , Allah and all other demonic deities out of this pissing match. Thank you
post #22 of 23 Old Oct 10th, 2012, 12:02 am

Garage
Wink Re: Political discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpmlt
It seems to me that we already have a pissing match going on over pissing matches. And please, as a God fearing athiest, let's leave God, Buddha , Allah and all other demonic deities out of this pissing match. Thank you
Hey you leave the gods out and there is no reason to fight over who's religion is the most peaceful religion. Now that takes all the fun out of it.
post #23 of 23 Old Oct 10th, 2012, 6:31 am

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddleman
It sure does make a difference Howard, If I pay for the beer I hang on to it for as long as I can.
Good one, Dave!

Howard Schisler
2015 BMW K1600GTL
2012 BMW F650GS (sold)

[/URL]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in