New Florida Law Concerning Vertical License Tag - BMW Luxury Touring Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 1:02 pm Thread Starter

New Florida Law Concerning Vertical License Tag

Color me confused! Saw reference to this in the Sept AMA magazine. Among about a 100 other changes/additions to the Florida traffic laws House Bill 1223 says this;

" With respect to license tags affixed vertically to a motorcycle or moped, the bill removes the requirement that such vehicles must maintain a prepaid account and a transponder; however, the owner or operator must pay any required toll by whatever means available."

So, what does this mean, If I display my tag vertically and I don't have transponder and there's no tool booth that takes cash what do I do. I suppose the camera will take my photo and then the trans Dept will send me a letter telling me that I owe them the cost of the toll plus some ridiculous processing fee. So OK, however seems to me that there is an implication here that if I display my tag horizontally that I MUST maintain a prepaid transponder or I'll not only have to pay the fee by mail but may be subject to a fine! Anybody out there know what the real deal is?

Lynn Keen
North East Florida
MSF #28271 Retired
'99 Canyon Red RETIRED AT 93,000 MI
'05 GRAPHITE METALLIC retired at 87,000 MI
'01 R1150 GS- totaled
'02 R1150 GS sold
'85 K100/EML sidecar sold
'11 R1200RT currently being enjoyed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Aug 23rd, 2012, 1:28 pm

Re: New Florida Law Concerning Vertical License Tag

First, have your full face helmet air brushed with the face of someone else (Obama?), then run all the tolls. When "they" contact you, tell them to take a look at the photo, and that's who you just sold your bike to!!!

(sorry Lynn, sometimes I just can't help myself)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the BMW Luxury Touring Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in